Poll: Best deck on Pacific Sun

Brushtail

Which is the best deck on Pacific Sun?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best deck on Pacific Sun?

• Empress - Deck 7
    • Upper - Deck 5
    • Main - Deck 5
    • Riviera - Deck 4

Hello everyone,

I was really interested in *Blonde*'s thread on the best deck on the Pacific Star and thought it would be good to find out peoples thoughts on the best deck on the Pacific Sun.

I am in the middle of organising another cruise in March or April on the Sun and would like to know peoples opinions. :D

So, which deck and why?

Regards,

Jenny

>^..^<

We were on Empress deck on Pacific Sun - and even though we didn't choose that deck ourselves, it was where we were allocated by P&O because of the deal we booked the cruise with, I think we would probably have gone for that deck anyway. It was convienient to most things, only 1 deck below the restuarants and a couple below the other services etc.

One draw back was that the midships cabins (we were in Inside cabin E133) were directly under the galley, so occassionally you were woken by trolleys and things rolling around overhead, but it really wasn't too bad.

Kym

Hi Skyrules. Suexxx here. We will be on Empress deck- cabin 116 outside in Feb 2007. It is near the elevators. Can you discribe to me how you get from Empress to other decks as I think the elevators don't go all the way up to top. I am guessing you get off somewhere and get on again. Hope I explained it right. Do you know if the kitchen is above our room also? We are early risers (normally) so I guess is not a big issue. Anything you can tell me about THE SUN would be great. Have asked so many questions since Jan and got sooooo much help. Suexxx

Hi Skyrules. Suexxx here. We will be on Empress deck- cabin 116 outside in Feb 2007. It is near the elevators. Can you discribe to me how you get from Empress to other decks as I think the elevators don't go all the way up to top. I am guessing you get off somewhere and get on again. Hope I explained it right. Do you know if the kitchen is above our room also? We are early risers (normally) so I guess is not a big issue. Anything you can tell me about THE SUN would be great. Have asked so many questions since Jan and got sooooo much help. Suexxx

There are 3 sets of lifts and stairs on Sun; forward, midships and aft.

The forward lifts and stairs serve all decks from Deck 3 (Tender station only) through to Verandah Deck (highest).

The midships lifts and stairs (closest to your cabin) serve every deck from Riviera to the Lido deck EXCEPT Atlantic Deck where they pass through the the galley and restuarants. There is a back entrance to the Burgundy Dining room on Atlantic deck in this stairwell, but they never open it. You can't access the resturants/Speak Easy Bar/Duty Free Shops/lower level of the Atlantis lounge from these stairs/lifts.

The aft lifts serve Deck 3 (Medical centre & tender station only) through to the Promenade Deck and the aft stairs serve only the Deck 3 to Lido Deck (coming out in the Outback Bar).

So, if you are in the Bourdeaux dining room you'll need to use the Aft lifts/stairs to get to it. If you are in the Burgundy dining room you'll need to use the forward lifts/stairs to get to it.

To get from the Bourdeaux dining room to the Atlantis Showlounge, you have to go either UP or DOWN one deck and walk the length of the ship. Good excercise following dinner.

Sue, you will be under the galley - but as I said we only noticed it a few times over the cruise. We were in an inside cabin, so we often slept in late because we didn't have sunlight to wake us up.

Hope this helps. I found it confusing at first. Being in an inside cabin with no outside reference as to what direction we were going I constantly found myself forgetting which way was front and back - and ending up at the wrong set of stairs!!! Becuase you are in an outside cabin you shouldn't have this problem!!

Kym

Hi Kim. Many thanks for the information. I have printed it out so will study it along with the ships deck plans. By Feb I hope I will be in the groove. Which of the activaties did you like the best? Which of the tours (if you did any) was your favourite and did you book with P&O? Many thanks again Suexxx

Hi Kim. Many thanks for the information. I have printed it out so will study it along with the ships deck plans. By Feb I hope I will be in the groove. Which of the activaties did you like the best? Which of the tours (if you did any) was your favourite and did you book with P&O? Many thanks again Suexxx

We enjoyed everything we've done on all our cruises (3 for me, 6 for my partner!). Must sees are the ice carving, fruit & vegetable carving, galley tour if they do one, all the production shows of course, art auctions are worth a look, pretty much everything really. Things like the Island night party, the Country and Western Hoedown, Rock and Roll dance are all good fun too. There's always plenty to do.

I haven't looked where you are going Sue, but shore tours I've done on various cruises have been;

Noumea - Le Petit Train & Myths of Kanak Culture tour

Divine Island/Emerald Bay - Poum Discovery

Port Vila - Port Vila Discovery

Suva - Fiji's Capital Suva & Historical Museum.

I liked all of these, as they all gave a general overview of the life and cultrure of each of the places. These were all booked through P&O, which I would always do. They may seem a bit expensive, but at least you know you are getting reputable service, and also if there are problems (like cancelled ports etc) you will definetly get your money back. If I went to Suva again I would do one of the all day ones that gets out of Suva and into the country side.

One of the best things I've done wasn't a shore tour as such, but the walking tour of Wala Island with the locals which they put on when a ship is in. It was wonderful to be in their villages and get to experience their culture first hand. We even got to visit their homes etc.

Kym

So Empress deck is the best. But where is the best cabin on that deck for ease of access to other decks?

I will be booking next week and am keen to book the best cabin I can. I know that people say that all the action is on the upper decks and not your cabin, but I like to have an afternoon snooze, or just veg out of an evening with a glass of wine (or three) and a book. Each to his own....:D

We are not party animals, or a clubby people, so the cabin is important to us. :o

What is the BEST cabin location you have ever had? :)

Best regards,

Jenny

>^..^<

Archived