November Cruising?

JenMcKay

Was just about to book a cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas for Nov. 25-30, but was a bit worried about a comment my travel agent made about it being a "bad weather time." I've only ever cruised in mid December, which I've always found to be great weather. Can anyone who's cruised the last week of November let me know of any problems they've had, or (hopefully) that it's been fine. We'd be going to Jamaica and Grand Cayman, with two days at sea. Thanks!

Jenni

Jenni: We have cruised in Nov. and will be cruising the first 12 days of Nov. this year. We have never had a problem. Does your TA expect heavy snow storms or what??? The islands will be sunny and warm. I say go for the booking. If you cruised in Dec. without a problem why would Nov. be any different?? I would think maybe the airport traffic would be a little hectic with the Thanksgiving holiday that is all I can think of. Hurricane season is over by then. What is her problem?? :confused:

The TA must have thought that you were going to Alaska:confused:.

If not, may be time to find a new TA or book direct...

We're going in November, have been in November... November is great (and cost less too).

Woundn't go in the summer. Toooo hot.... Toooo many kids.... Toooo many storms.

Do TAs get bigger commissions when the prices of cruises are higher? The last week in Nov. is one of the most economical (cheap) times to cruise! Maybe this particular TA is looking to make a little more $$$. I would hope this is not the case, but just a thought!

Was just about to book a cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas for Nov. 25-30, but was a bit worried about a comment my travel agent made about it being a "bad weather time." I've only ever cruised in mid December, which I've always found to be great weather. Can anyone who's cruised the last week of November let me know of any problems they've had, or (hopefully) that it's been fine. We'd be going to Jamaica and Grand Cayman, with two days at sea. Thanks!

Jenni

You are going to love the weather in November it is beautiful ! We went last year the day after Thanksgiving and it was great ! This year we are going to try mid Dec we could not pass up the great deal ;) Nov/Dec is the best time of the year to cruise for us :)

Voyager W. Caribbean 12/16/06 "Our First AFT 1688"

Voyager E. Caribbean 11/05

S.S. Azure Seas Baja 11/90

Do TAs get bigger commissions when the prices of cruises are higher?

YES. Tey get commission based on % (10%-20%) of cruise package (generally including air if the air is booked though the line). 10% of $2000 (shoulder for 2) = $200. 10% of $4000 (summer for 2) = $400.

You can do the rest of the math. It is kind of obvious that it is in the agents best interest to not book November.

Personally I've never cruised in Nov. but have been to Cancun at the end of Nov. The weather was gorgeous.

Living on the coast all my life, Nov. is a great time for gorgeous weather. I agree with the others 100%.

We are going on Splendour Nov. 30-Dec 4 this year. I can't wait. The hurricane is the reason we decided to do Nov instead of October. I know people who were on a cruise last week when Erensto was out there, they were rerouted & had a blast.

Archived