The Treehouse Restaurant...Rebuilt?

mik

I read a 2004 damage report for Grand Cayman after the hurricane. It said that The Treehouse Restaurant was destroyed. I just wondered if anyone could tell me if it has since been rebuilt. It has been a favourite spot for us to go each time we have been in port in Georgetown. It is right on the water and you can see the cruiseships from their deck. There is/was a gazebo right out over the water. We liked to go and sit and watch the boats and the fish and enjoy a delicious rum cocktail. If anyone knows what's happened to it, I'd really appreciate finding out. We will be back there in December 2006. Thanks.

Since The Treehouse is no longer available for that perfect rum cocktail, may I make a suggestion.

One of our favorite spots to enjoy that perfect view of the harbour, and great outdoor atmosphere with beverage in hand is at My Bar at Sunset House. But, shhhhh, don't tell anyone--we love the local atmosphere.

When you arrive at the cruise port terminal, turn right, and walk along the shoreline along Harbour Drive. Stay along the shoreline, to South Church Street walking past Atlantis Submarine, Eden Rock....and Sunset House will be just a bit further. It's probably about a 15-20 minute walk. When you enter the property, My Bar is down the driveway, along the ironshore. You can't miss it--the gorgous thatch roof will lead the way.

If you were to continue your walk along South Church Street, a couple more blocks would bring you to Pure Art Gallery, another great spot if you enjoy shopping and have a desire to support some great local artists.

We think it is a great spot. You can watch the divers come out of the water, watch the cruiseships and enjoy the breeze. If you are hungry, I can suggest the snapper. My Cayman experience is always complete after I have had my snapper and enjoyed the view.

Sandy

Archived