Any golf suggestions for Maui and/or Oahu...please...

Cruisecontroler

Hi.

We're looking for ideas for casual golfing on Maui and Oahu. We're actually more interested in the scenic value of the course and somewhat reasonable rates than the course's pedigree or amount of challenge. (I have done searches here, but didn't find a whole lot.)

If you have any opinions, here's your chance to voice them...with my sincere gratitude to boot.;)

Thanks,

Hi.

We're looking for ideas for casual golfing on Maui and Oahu. We're actually more interested in the scenic value of the course and somewhat reasonable rates than the course's pedigree or amount of challenge. (I have done searches here, but didn't find a whole lot.)

If you have any opinions, here's your chance to voice them...with my sincere gratitude to boot.;)

Thanks,

There are some great courses on Maui. The Kapalua courses (3) are very scenic, and there's a course in Kaanapali that's close to the water. The courses at Wailea are a bit inland, but beautiful. Can't tell you anything about Oahu. It's been years since I've golfed on Maui (30) so really don't have any opinions, just know where they are.

There are some great courses on Maui. The Kapalua courses (3) are very scenic, and there's a course in Kaanapali that's close to the water. The courses at Wailea are a bit inland, but beautiful. Can't tell you anything about Oahu. It's been years since I've golfed on Maui (30) so really don't have any opinions, just know where they are.

I posted this reply once, but don't see it now...so, at the risk of looking foolish, I'll repeat myself. I said that I was thankful for the names of the golf courses you provided and that it would make a good starting point for me. I also commented on how I was impressed that you even remembered the names after 30 years, and that it must have been some good golfing.;)

Believe it or not, in my searching, I found a public course on Kauai that has greens fees for less than $10, and a cart if you want it for under $10 too. I wonder what the catch is.:confused: Here is their web site if anybody is curious. www.hawaiiweb.com/Kauai/html/sites/kukuiolono_park_and_golf_course.html

The story goes (if I recall it correctly) that the man who built the course wanted to create someplace where locals could afford to play, and that when he died, this was stipulated in the will when the land was left to the state of Hawaii. No catch....its a cute little place.

The story goes (if I recall it correctly) that the man who built the course wanted to create someplace where locals could afford to play, and that when he died, this was stipulated in the will when the land was left to the state of Hawaii. No catch....its a cute little place.

Yeah, that's what I read too. Have you actually been there?

I have not, but I've talked to people who've played it and they say it's ok. I've played Kiahuna on Kauai which is quite reasonable, designed by the same company that designed Poipu Bay just 10 minutes away. Not as scenic, but still a good course and when I played it a couple of years ago it was just $65 green fees with a cart, and second round was at half price.

Poipu was $220 unless you waited until after 2pm when it dropped to $80.

My husband has, and says "its a 7 dollar golf course"....so that should say somehting. He loves Poipu though and would play there again in a heartbeat.

For Oahu, Pearl Country Club has nice views of the harbor...but isnt the best course.

Kunia is a very underrated course.....very nice views of the harbor and well kept. Its a best kept secret.

And Ko'Olau, while a difficult play but not impossible, has GORGEOUS views of the mountains.

Of course, if anyone in your party is military, dod civilian or retired, you should really play Mamala Bay which has fantastic diamond head views.

Archived