Weather

linniee

Someone who has just returned from their cruise on pacific sun to noumea ect has told me that it was freezing on the islands and they were cols the whole time because they only packed summer clothes.............tell me it's not true!!!! I have packed two half warm outfits, will this be enough? I wanted a suntan, will I need to buy tan in a bottle? *L* Maybe I will just need to drink more cocktails to keep me warm :eek:

Yay!!! Someone else who is coming on the same cruise, that makes three of us *L* You me and Rolls. Are you just so excited? I have bought a whole new wardrobe of clothes and am already packed and waiting. Maybe I will just take a denim jacket or something just in case. Where have you got your cabin?

I just got back from there. For most of the time it was overcast and sometimes raining but it was far from freezing. You should be fine with shorts and T's, and a jumper in case you're on deck at night and it gets a bit chilly.

Trevor

Yeh i am excited. hehe. I did the same bought all new clothes. I didnt really mean to just ended up that way... ah well... We are staying on empress deck in an outside cabin. We went on star in feb so it will be good to go on a bit of a bigger boat this time. And leaving from syd should be heaps better than brisbane. :D

That person must have been kidding - surely. We have been in July which I would think along with August would be the coldest. After the first couple of days I was in shorst and tshirts the whole time. I had no problem swimming.

The only time it would have been cold was at night when the ship was moving.

Maybe they were just fooling around with me and trying to take some of the excitement away......but it didn't work, just made me think of other ways that I could keep warm *L*

Linniee - I notice you come from Gippsland..... Surely coming from a Gippsland winter you'll find anything warm won't you ????? ;)

I came back last week 30aug from a 2 week cruise on Pacific Sun.

It was cold the first two days after leaving Sydney. Noumea was our first port. We was there on the 19Aug. It wasn't hot or warm but I wouldn't call it cold. I wore shorts and a t-shirt. I went Kayaking and I ended up in the water. The water was a nice temperature. I didn't feel cold.

Don't let the temperature fool you. Use your sun screen. I was totally red in less than 2 hours in the sun. We had a quick isolated shower in Noumea which only lasted a few minutes.

It warms up more as you get close to Fiji. You'll be fine in summer clothes. I would have a jacket handy in case it's chilly at night.

The weather coming back into Sydney felt warmer than it did going.

It does get windy on deck. If you're laying on a deck chair in the wind, you will want something warm. If you're on deck in an area with the wind break wall things, you'll be fine in summer clothes. No many people go on deck at night.

The water is lovely. The sun does burn. You will get your suntan.

I have been on cruises in July and August and it can be cool for the first 2 days but once you reach Noumea it's fine, I've never been cold in Vanuatu.So any time after that should be fine, I always pack 1 jumper for cooler weather but have never needed it.

Hi Aussie84

Nice to hear that you are on the same cruise as linnie and me. Not long to wait now.:)

Most of my cruises have been in September around the Pacific, and I have found the weather warm to hot. The only time I have been a little cool is outside at night sometimes. However after reading Skyrules comments about linniee living in Gippsland, you could say the same about me living in Wellington NZ. But joking aside, it can get from about 21c - 28c during the day, and a little cooler in the evenings.

Roland

2002 Pacific Sky (September from Sydney)

2003 Pacific Sky (September from Sydney)

2004 Pacific Sky (August from Auckland)

2005 Pacific Sun (September from Sydney)

2006 Pacific Sun (September from Sydney - N628 depart 17 Sept):D

Archived