And your suggestion is......

linsue1231

HI All,

I am looking for suggestions for our Cruise Critic M & M we are having. I would like to have some fun activities planned, but need some ideas. Traveling on NCL Spirit in Nov.

There will also be a few kids there and want them to also have fun. :D

Linda

Think about having a grab bag exchange. Each member attending is asked to bring a small wrapped gift (under $5). CCers are given a number or a half of a raffle ticket when they arrive at the meeting. Numbers are pulled from a hat or bag and the member with the matching number gets to pick a gift from the pile - then introduce themselves and say a few words about where they are from, how many cruises they've had, etc. etc.

In your case the grab gifts could be set out in two piles, one marked for children and the other adults.

Kids gifts could be something the kids could use on the ship - from hand held games to coloring books, etc.

We've found the gift exchange to be a great ice breaker at CC meetings and it is alot of fun. On our last cruise CC members were asked to bring a gift representative of their city or state. Made for some interesting gifts that became a souvenir of our great times together.

Dianne

We are doing a gift exchange and chocolate feast. Everyone who brings a gift, gets a number. The gift will be $10 or less and should be representative of where one lives. To start the exchange, we will ask the person who brought the gift to explain the gift and tell us where it's from. That person will draw the winning number for that gift, and so on until all the gifts are gone.

As for the chocolate... everyone brings something to put on the table and we all indulge in chocolate. At this upcoming M&G there will be food and it will be held in the Garden Villa.

Hope this is a helpful tip.

When organizing CC meetings on NCL & Princess ships DH & I offer to hand deliver CC meeting reminders to individual cabins the evening before the meeting.

People on our roll call who wish to have a reminder deliver e-mail us their cabin numbers. We do not publish the cabin numbers on the roll call. If roll call members post cabin numbers themselves on the roll call thread that's up to their own decision.

DH & I type up a reminder, usually using some clip art, etc., and deliver them to the cabins of those who requested the reminder.

It's amazing how many more people we get at our meetings. Many of them say the meeting probably would have slipped their mind once they got caught up in the excitement of the ship and the cruise.

Dianne

98Charlie, that is a helpful tip....I will have to run it by the roll call group and see if anyone is interested.

MacDays, I spent plenty on this trip...:eek: I have already offered a bottle of wine as a prize for the Door Decoration contest. But this prize I can keep if it does not go as planned....:D .

I am also thinking of a trivia contest...it will be veterans day when we have our M & M so I am thinking about questions along that line. Any other suggestion on trivia questions?

Linda

Linda, look up some statistics for the ship you are sailing, i.e., gross tonage, how many passengers and crew does it carry, what country is the ship registered in?

If your meeting is on the next day after you sail you might throw in some questions about what deck is a certain bar on or the library, etc.

Being from a family with a long line of veterans I could go on and on about qustions about Veterans Day.

Dianne

98Charlie,

Oh thank you so much for your help...I dont know if you know this but its the first time I will host the M & M, if that is what you call it...lol. I did the set up and feel like the host...but I have only been to one other M & M. I just want it to be fun and something people will remember when they think about their cruise.

Writing up a rough draft of trivia questions now lol.

Linda

Archived