Costa Club Info

shipshapegal

I just spoke with Terry at Costa (954) 266-5600 ext. 4606 and she explained the new Costa Club. (BTW she is VERY nice and helpful).

She said you get 100 points for every night spent on board and 40 points for every $50.00 spent on board. Lowest level is Aqua 0-2000 points, next is Coral 2001-5000 points, next is Pearl 5001 and above.

You will be invited to an onboard party as a member and you will get discounts on board, when you go to make a purchase tell them you are a Costa Club member, your color card will have your Costa Club number on it. Other perks available soon.

There will me more info. available soon, she is new and working very hard to get the program up and running.

BTW - she did say that Costa reads these boards so get your coments and suggestions going!!! Blue skys............................

Hello there have already posted on previous thread about the Costa Club. Have been on 4 Costa Cruises with multiple cabins booked and already booked my 5th Costa March 4 2007 with 4 cabins booked on the Magica.The only perk I recieved was a fruit basket and free bottle of bubbly last year on my cruise, although I had to ask for it,it was very welcomed.Last 2 cruises have Contacted Kathy Goldsmith from Costa because 2 years ago had 8 cabins booked and was wondering if I could get an upgrade and she transfered me to Olivia because she stated I was not concidered a group....how many cabins and how many cruises does it take to be concidered a group. Anyways all I was looking for was a possible upgrade, but to no avail. When on the Magica last year heard of many 1st time cruises being upgraded, that did not make me feel to good. Hope Terry reads this board and comes to realize that big repeat cruises should be given little perks now and then. Just like you being a regular in a good restaurant always assures you a table and a good one at that......Anyways Ciao for now.

I have at this moment 22 cruises but 6 of them has been with Costa and seeing about a booking for next year on the Costa Fortuna. I've been on the Costa Club since 1987. The best upgrade I ever had was on the Costa Mediterranea where I booked a cabin with balcony and 2 weeks before the cruise I received a notification that I had a Panorama Suite. It was wonderful and I am very grateful with Costa.

I know that Costa have a list of past passengers of their club. I think that they can send the past passengers the level card with that they are at this moment with the Costa Club number. I have past passengers card from Princess, Celebrity, Royal with my number of each club.

Well I hope they read my message and give them a idea.

It is my understanding that the Costa Club in the USA is just now getting up and runniing so give them a try at least. Maybe it will be good, maybe not, but they sure were friendly and seemed to be trying and want imput.

I liked the idea of the points for each night on board because for example on Carnival they just count the number of cruises, and ours are usually longer so it takes much longer to reach Platinum and there isn't really any benefit before ten cruises except past passener parties. Sooooo, Costa giving points for each night seems very fair to me.

It is yet to been seen as to what we will actually receive but I like that they are trying now.

Blue skys and smooth seas....................

Archived