Is anyone worried about getting barbed by a stingray at stingray city Grand Caymen

back2tampa

Here are my thoughts.

Have you stopped riding in or driving a car?

Have you stopped flying in airplanes?

Have you stopped walking across the street?

OH MY........Now That You Mention It :eek:

Darn you......Now my Shrink will have to "Up The Meds" again" LoL :rolleyes:

After hearing about Steve Erwin loosing his life to a stingrays barb in the chest, i am having second thoughts about going to stingray city in Grand Cayman.Is any one else having secound thoughts???I will have my 9 year old with me and my wife,''my 9 year old has allready said she might stay on the boat.I think we will still go,just need to hear some input from some people to make it a sure thing.......We live on Panama City Beach, and see them all the time and i have cought them while fishing,but never have been stung,but know people that have.(all lived & said it hurts like----)Anyway please let me know ---and we will miss you Steve Erwin.....

When I heard the news I did not want to go on the sting ray tour. However after reading all the posts about the wonderfull sting rings I have decided to go on the tour and I am excited about it. I feel if you take percaution you will be fine. The people who do get stung proably are careless and do stupid things like try and pull their tail or ride them or aren't carefull not to step on them. Furthermore I am a worrier and I am not worried about this tour at all, I think everything will be fine.

The sting rays are docile, non agressive creatures and will only sting you if they don't like you (kidding) they will only sting you if they feel threatened. Furthermore even if they do feel threated they will usually swim away rather then sting you

As you will notice you are in 3-4 ft of water at Sting Ray City. Almost impossible to swim with them due to depth and amount of people. You just shuffle your feet to alert them of your presence.

Actually swimming with them in the depths being above them might cause them to feel threatned but it is almost impossible to do that at sting ray city due to the amount of people and the shallowness of the water.

We have done it twice at Sting Ray City and I would not hesitate to go there again. The last time we had our 10 yr old granddaughter with us and she loved them.

Enjoy the stingrays be sure to hold the squid and feed them it is a awsome feeling.

Pat, SC

Archived