The best thing I took along on my cruise.

pamwinn

This may be too hot for other cruises but the best thing I took along on my Alaska cruise was what I refer to as my "Trekker" vest. Depending on where you get them they are called fishermans vests, camera vests etc. We got ours from Eddie Bauer because there is an outlet nearby but all the stores like llbean and REI etc sell them. I carried my camera, back-up battery, chapstick, sunblock, spare glasses, small hairbrush, H20, etc. in it when we got off the ship. It was so nice to have my hands free and to not have a pocketbook or backpack strapped on my back. We both wore one. This particular style even had a large zip compartment in the back that would take the place of a fannypack though we did not need to use it.

I don't know whether it is warm enough to take the place of a jacket as the weather on our cruise was so perfect. But here is a pix of Rex in his. We wore long sleeved t-shirts etc under them and were too hot on occassion.

Photo-Library---1017.jpg.14f2689321d2f5bd927af63cc15c0b7c.jpg

My husband has been contemplating a vest like those mentioned for some time. When I showed him this thread, he said that he is off to WalMart (they have tem too).

We took along a cheap distripution board. We could use the electricity for the item that we wanted to use without unpluging something else. Happy Sailing! -Podge

Archived