Ship Motion to Bermuda

islands4me

We've only cruised from Florida throughout the Caribbean. Is the trip from the East coast to Bermuda a rougher ride? My DH suffers from motion sickness but has never had a problem on a cruise. I'm wondering if the typical cruise to Bermuda is as mild going across the Atlantic.

I have been on five cruises to Bermuda, and I'm going on my sixth on October 1. I have had wonderful cruises where the water was like glass, and others where we were in 30-ft waves. It really just depends. It's not something you can easily predict. Of course going this late in the year, with hurricanes and all, the ocean tends to be a little rougher, but not always. I love cruising to Bermuda, and will continue to do so at least until the take the NCL Majesty away from us.

OMG did you say 30 ft. waves? I DON"T suffer from seasickness but I'd better be prepared just in case huh..... If we get those they'll be some stories to be told I'm sure.

I have been on five cruises to Bermuda, and I'm going on my sixth on October 1. I have had wonderful cruises where the water was like glass, and others where we were in 30-ft waves. It really just depends. It's not something you can easily predict. Of course going this late in the year, with hurricanes and all, the ocean tends to be a little rougher, but not always. I love cruising to Bermuda, and will continue to do so at least until the take the NCL Majesty away from us.

How much movement you feel also depends on how big your ship is and where you are located on the ship. If going on one of the smaller vessels-NCL Majesty, Crown, X Zenith, RC Empress-I would book a cabin close to the waterline and as midship as possible. This will help with whatever movement you may have. Also, take Bonine with you and have a great time!

We've only cruised from Florida throughout the Caribbean. Is the trip from the East coast to Bermuda a rougher ride? My DH suffers from motion sickness but has never had a problem on a cruise. I'm wondering if the typical cruise to Bermuda is as mild going across the Atlantic.

Hi, my experience was the Boston-Bermuda @ the end of May and it wasn't too bad, but the Atlantic is definately a bit rougher than the Caribbean...IMO. Xtra strength non-drowsy Dramamine works great!

Enjoy:)

Archived