Number of formal nights on a 14 night caribbean crossing

bonni99

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but we are hoping to book the Dec 2nd 14 night Caribbean cruise and wondered if anyone had any idea of how many formal nights there would be? We did a caribbean 12 night cruise last year and seem to recall that there were 2 or maybe 3 formal nights? Both my partner and I packed way too many formal outfits- being used to transatlantic crossings which has a very different feel.

Any advice would be great- should I contact Cunard direct or do people get conflicting info?

Thanks!

Hi bonni99. I understand that the Dec 2/06 14 Caribbean cruise on the QM2 you are on is sold state-side as separate 7 day cruises to North Americans. I'll be on the Dec 2/06 sailing for 7 days in the Southern/Eastern Caribbean portion. This is my first time with Cunard. From what I've been told the 7 day cruise will likely have 2 to 3 days of formal so it might be safe to say you should double that estimate for the full 14 days. My source has been someone who has sailed on Cunard's Caribbean cruises in the past. The reality is that you will likely get conflicting reports from Cunard's staff as it always seems to happen with others on the list. So the best we can give you is a rough estimate at this time.

David

Thanks! It is interesting to note that it is being sold as 2 separate 7 day cruises in the US- i expect as such that it is more likely that there would be at least 2 formal nights on each 7 day section- so a minimum of 4 for the 14 nights!! I wish we could get a formal response from Cunard on this as it makes packing that much easier!!

Thanks again

Archived