booking pre-cruise stay through X

jakenashleysmom

First of all...what is your itinerary? Second, how old are you guys and what kind of shape are you in?

Sounds too personal now that I typed it.:o It's just that if you are say going to Venice to board your ship and have any mobility issues, the extra cost might still be worthwhile. Most other ports (especially in the U.S.) would be better deals if plan your own arrangements.

Let us know a bit more info, and I know you'll get great advice!

My girls and I have vowed to stick to the age of 32 and thats all I'm sayin'! Actually we're all EARLY 40's and our only mobility issues might be a big head in the morning!

We are sailing out of Miami and the reason I was inquiring is that, for instance, the Doubletree Grand Biscayne Bay lists at aprox. $329 per night with AAA, plus transfers. Although it is only a mile to the ship, cab fare must be figured in. X lists the same hotel at $98 per person WITH transfers, quite a substantial savings towards my wine bill aboard ship. I'm pretty sure we've narrowed our search down to the Hampton Inn, simply because we're arriving after midnight and just need a place to rest our heads, also we can use our Hilton Honors points. My inquiry is mostly curiousity, and may be helpful to others wishing to let X do the planning, more or less.

thanks!:)

Bonnie, we too are going on Century out of Miami (Nov. 18th) and I went the bidding route. Ended up with JWMarriot downtown for $175- Not the very best deal, but only a 5 minute taxi ride to the port. I think it depends on the time of year you are going and what's going on at that particular time. I know others have gotten really great deals. You might want to check out that link here on CC.

On the other hand, you can't go wrong using points!!!!

You know, the transfers are nice, but sometimes a little later than you might like to board the ship...just one more thing to consider.:cool:

I have booked my own cruise through the X website, and chosen to do my own airfare. My question is, has anyone booked their pre-cruise hotel through X having booked their own airfare?

The prices appear to be great, whats the catch?

We booked before through the cruiseline (once) and found it to be more expensive. We usually find a less expensive rate through priceline or through AAA, government rate etc.

In addition we take a cab to the ship because it allows us to pick the time we wish to depart the hotel versus having to use the designated time by X sponsored transportation.

Mike and Trish

We just did that after being convinced it would be cheaper to book the hotel on our own in Puerto Rico. We are flying on miles, so did not get air thru X.

After unsuccesfully trying to book the hotel I wanted for months and then finding out they had a three night minimum, I contacted X and was able to get a two nights pre-cruise at the hotel I wanted to stay at for about halve the cost.

I read somewhere that the cruiseline negotiate their prices with the hotels once a year and since this is over Thanksgivings I figure the hotel prices have gone up due to demand.

Astrid

actually jake $98 per person comes to about $300 for the room. Not that big a savings as you might have thought.

i have never found hotels booked through X ever cheaper than booking on your own.

also i am usure of X's cancellation policy for hotels..something you should know before booking.

remember X charges per Person and most hotels charge per room :D

have a great cruise

*sweet*

We will be sailing on Infinity, Nov. 19 from FLL. I was having a heck of a time finding a hotel in South Beach (don't know what is going on that weekend.)

Someone who posts frequently on the fashion board told me about this hotel:

http://www.kenthotelsouthbeach.com/?gclid=CMfn54SHoocCFQqEHgodZwHY6Q

And about this booking service:

http://www.quikbook.com/?CMP=KAC-PPC&gclid=COL415yHoocCFQJgHgodbkdJ4Q

Got the Kent Hotel for $156.00 taxes included for Nov. 17. It looks similar to a lot of boutique hotels I frequent in NYC. And the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful.

Might be worth a look.

Archived