Review BOS 8/15/06 Page 4

Sorry I haven't written for a while, but two things happened. One my computer was down for a few days and then I got a nasty bug and was really sick for a few days. But, now I am starting to be back to my old self so...

Day 7 and Rome

Again we used Claudio with limoinrome.com and he sent us Vincent as our guide. A very knowledegable one! He picked us up bright and early and we were at The Vatican before 9AM. The line was over 2 miles long. we opted to skip the Vatican and went right into St. Peter's and the Tombs of the Popes. I could have spent the day there!!

Vincent says that Rome is not a city but a museum and he is so right! You couldn't see everything in a week!! But we got a good over view...St. Peters, the Colluseum, The Roman Forum, The Spanish Steps, St. Stefano's Church and Catacombs, a great lunch...

what else is there to say. We made it to the Trevi Fountain and threw our coins in hoping to return one day!!

We had no traffic going back to the ship. And we needed some time to relax as it was 100 degrees in Rome that day!

We ate at Protofino's for dinner that night and truly enjoyed it.

Day 8 was our first sea day. And boy, were we ever ready!!

We did the spa, a great massage and had our hair done for the Captain's DInner that night. Then, I had heard so much about the Seaview Cafe that we went there for lunch. Very, very disappinted!

My pizza was cold and when I said something to the waiter, who definitely didn't want to be waiting on anyone, told me that it just came out of the oven. No offer to get me another, etc. Very disappointed in the food choices and the only place on the whole ship were I thought the staff were rude and could care less.

Needless to say we never went back there. Would have much preferred a Johhny Rockets.

I'll try and get to the Greek Isles tomorrow.

Archived