First cruise & first post

worldpas

worldpas: If that's $400 total to upgrade (and you're okay with spending that much more), then I would definitely upgrade to the JS. It would be nice for you to have the extra space, large closet, and large bathroom, but it's really a very personal choice. With the three of you, is privacy an issue? If your 15 y/o is a daughter, she's probably at an age where she doesn't want to undress, etc. in front of anyone. If so, then the JS would be the better choice. Now if both your children are boys, then you'll be fine in the D1 (no fussing with hair and makeup and all that "girlie" stuff). (For just DH and me, no we would not upgrade for $400 total; we love the D1's and have better uses for the money.) If it's $400 per person, then no I would not upgrade.

beachchick

Hi:

It is $400 for the upgrade to J1 for all 2. It is not per person. The J1 is off the back of the ship. The view is directly to the stern as opposed to the side. I was thinking the view might be better on the side then looking over the back of the ship. The D1 I have booked is about 4 doors away from the J1 but again it looks over the back of the ship. What do you think?

John

http://www.incomelounge.com

We have our first aft (stern) JS cabin booked for this Christmas and we can hardly wait.

If I were you, I'd book the stern JS and enjoy. The stern cabins have far larger balconies, the JS cabins have more than 70 sq. ft. over the D1's, no comparison.

$400 divided by 7 days = $57.14 per day, money well spent.

Archived