Crew Members fill out Comment Cards on Passengers?

Sandytoes

On several threads there have been complaints from past passengers about the service they received either from customer relations or on board while others who receive only outstanding service.

Now, do you suppose Princess gives their crew members an opportunity to fill out comment cards on passengers? This way Princess gets a feedback about / info on the passengers. What type of passenger you are? Tipper/ Cheap – Complainer / Pleaser - neat freak / slob?

If this was the case, this might make a difference on what kind of treatment you receive. Who gets better service or not... Just suppose, a crew member has a either a good or bad experience with a passenger, fills out the card and logs it into a Passenger Personal Database which now clearly states what type of passenger you are. Now you're given an upgrade while others weren't. Or, a Cabin Steward that takes care of you....Even a fare reduction.....Etc.....

Could it be possible?

Would it change the way you think or act towards the crew if you knew they were going to fill out a comment card on you?

Could it be possible? Would it change the way you think or act towards the crew if you knew they were going to fill out a comment card on you?

Sooner or later a disgruntled employee of Princess would whistleblow on such an action, so I doubt it occurs. Management wouldn't expose them selves to the repercussions of such despicable behavior, or at least I would like to think so :)

Actually, such a technique is used in many industries, and especially in the hospitality industry. It's tied to those questionnaires about which pillow you prefer, or whether you'd like the Times or the WSJ on your doorstep in the AM at hotels. It's called CRM, or Customer Relationship Management. Pax can actually end up getting much better service because of it. This is because the more the line, and the crew, know about what makes you tick as a traveler, the more they can tailor the service you receive to your wants and expectations.

For example, I always use a lot of counter space in my cabin for camera gear, etc., but I never buy the sodas and water placed there for sale. If they were catering my experience for my tastes, they'd them without my needing to ask. Yes, it's a possible loss in revenue for them, but if they looked at my spending history, they would instantly realize that I NEVER purchase those items.

Data gathering doesn't always have to be "Big Brother," and it doesn't have to be dispicable.

Dispicable behavior? Believe that is reserved for certain passengers. Can you even imagine what the crew experiences with some low lifes onboard every ship? I once witnessed a cabin steward try to reason with a hysterical woman (drunk) who was fighting with her husband in the hallway outside their cabin. As many know, you can't reason with a drunk, but the crew member tried.

I would like to encourage all of those who are mean and nasty and demanding of crew members to continue to treat these people badly...in fact if you could be nastier it would be appreciated!:eek:

You see there are more of us who treat those that provide us with services on board with repect and dignity. In return these people will bust there tails to provide us with even better service to show their appreciation. :D

Everyone has a bad day from time to time...even those who work on cruise ships!

Just my thoughts!!

Tom:)

Hi Guys,

Doesn't happen...we don't fill out forms on guests. But, you can be sure that in breakout meetings, and also informal talks between supervisors and workers, ideas are passed on, experiences shared and of course, "heads ups" are given on assorted situations.

Aloha,

Dave

Elua

http://www.eluamusic.com

This post says everything to answer the questions posed. This poster is obviously also an employee of Princess, this is exactly what happens. 'Head's up' meaning watch out for this pax as they are complaining a lot. There is no form for crew to fill out.

Remember this passenger from he**?

If you're old enough to recall the 1970 blockbuster disaster film Airport, you'll know doubt recall the obnoxious passenger in 21D aboard the doomed Golden Argosy flight to Rome via TransGlobal. This guy is a pain in the you-know-where from the get-go.

Over-the-top charicature, to be sure, but you certainly get the point when you see this guy in action.

Popcorn, anyone?

Chris

Hi Nelsons,

Well, that's not exactly what I meant by heads up, but I think you got the overall gist of it. I meant it more in the providing of service and what a special needs passenger, or special group might require.

Ships are run in a very similar way to most companies, in that feedback from guests, (and also from employees) is constantly reviewed, processed, and where ideas and suggestions are deemed viable and valid, put into play, so to speak. Every month, every department has a breakout meeting, where one of the biggest items on the agenda is the submission of service ideas, meant to enhance the guests experience.

If crew discuss difficult passengers, it is invariably to see what can be done to improve the guests disposition and make sure that they turn what might be a negative to a positive.

Aloha,

Dave

Elua

Can you imagine being a crew member, day after day, weeks on end, even months hearing complaints, whining, moaning, grumbling from difficult passengers... Dealing with all of this and still have a great attitude....Looking like they are always having fun.

Cruise lines must have some sort of crew meeting / conference to discuss what the passengers are saying and doing. A feedback so Princess exec's. know what training crew members must either take or improve on in how to deal with difficult pax. Maybe Cruise Crew Psychology 101.

Archived