Does anyone know of a site that will email you a price for airfare?

shermar96

At Priceline.com you can "name your own price" for a flight from A to B and, if it is accepted, they will automatically charge your credit card and email you a notification of same. However, if they do not accept your price, they will email you that it wasn't accepted, but it is up to you to check that site again. They will not keep your "price" for use at a subsequent time but may present a counteroffer. To see addiitional advice on using this site, go here.

Sorry, don't know the answer to your question.

But I can tell you after many cruises, there are not many deals on air fare from Little Rock to anywhere. It's a case of you can get there but you pay for it.

Good luck

Judy

Little Rock

veteran of 80+ cruises

Sorry, don't know the answer to your question.

But I can tell you after many cruises, there are not many deals on air fare from Little Rock to anywhere. It's a case of you can get there but you pay for it.

Good luck

Judy

Little Rock

veteran of 80+ cruises

I was thinking the same thing. Also a fellow cruiser from Little Rock.

Does anyone know if there is a site on the web that you can name your price you would like to pay for airline tickets and if something comes available - they'll email you?

Thanks

Are you looking for flights for a specific cruise? If so, what dates are you needing to fly? Where are you cruising from? Do you want to fly from Little Rock or Northwest Arkansas (Plainview is up there right?)?

parody: On priceline, if you're needing 2 seats - do they let you pick your seats (so we can sit together)??

judycruiser & wrp96: It's so awesome seeing someone from my "neck" of the woods on here. I'm about half way from Ft. Smith and Little Rock about 25 miles from Russellville. I have looked into flying out of Ft. Smith, but it is does cost more to do that. I have always flew out of LIT. I know that there isn't that many deals out of LIT. DH and I are going on a 2 day cruise 10/20/06 out of Ft. Lauderdale (to Nassau) and are needing to fly out early morning of 10/20 - we'd be coming back on 10/22 afternoon. A couple of weeks ago, I found tickets for the both of us for $500 total - wasn't able to purchase them at that time. I have not since found that same deal (to me it was a deal). I have searched many many sites using bookingbuddy.com & trip advisor. I am becoming majorly anxious!!! I know I still have time, but I like to get things done so I don't have to worry!

If anyone can help please let me know!

Thanks,

Sherry

We live about 15 miutes from the Toledo, OH airport, but since Toledo is a small market, it is expensive to fly from Toledo to just about anywhere, and there is no such thing as a direct flight. We look for flights out of Detroit, Dayton, Cleveland and Columbus, as well as out of Toledo. We hardly ever have flown out of Toledo. Is Little Rock a hub for any airline? If so, they might have the best deals. Check into discounters, like Southwest, JetBlue, and Spirit. Sometimes they are good deals, sometimes not. Also, check into flying into Miami and taking a shuttle back up to Fort Lauderdale...may be cheaper in the long run. Best way to shop is to actually go to the airlines' websites to price flights. We are going on a 4-day cruise to the Bahamas in three weeks and were able to get direct Detroit to Miami flights for under $190/pp., and have already booked Detroit to Fort Lauderdale flights for next June for $219/pp.

Good luck...I'm sure you'll find something!

Southwest flies from Little Rock, but the flights don't work with a cruise unless you go a day before or a day after.

And Little Rock's not a hub for anything. Most airlines only fly regional jets from Little Rock. We have a lot of Southwest flights to Texas due to the Wright Amendment but that's it.

I just looked on www.kayak.com . American is showing flights from Little Rock into Ft. Lauderdale on your days that would work with the timing of a cruise for $260 per person. So I would recommend going to AA's website to see what they are coming up with. In the past year, I've found that AA tends to have the best prices from Little Rock to South Florida for same day flights on cruise days.

Travelocity has that feature. On the home page, left half of the screen, towards the bottom-FareWatcher and the RSS feeds. Please be aware that some fares on FareWatcher are NOT bookable-they have too many restrictions or limited dates (only available maybe 5 days) to make it worth your while (like the great FC fare a couple months ago. It was posted JFK/Zurich on AA. BUT you had to start in Zurich)

And Cheaptickets.com has something similar to what you want. You have to go back to their website to find out if there are any tickets to match your price. IF you find something on Cheaptickets, make sure you go to the airline website before purchasing and verify that there isn't a lower price. Lots of times there is.

http://www.cheaptickets.com/App/InitDealEdit

A couple of weeks ago, I found tickets for the both of us for $500 total - wasn't able to purchase them at that time. I have not since found that same deal (to me it was a deal).

That was a deal. I missed out on one about a month ago myself for my cruise in February. If I had booked then for the flights I wanted it would've been $250 total. Instead I waited, now the flights I want are $700 and I settled for not as great flights for only $350.

In addition to Travelocity, other sites that will email you if airfares in a particular market meet your pre-established price are Orbitz's Deal Detector, Kayak's Buzz, and Trip Stalker. (Note that Trip Stalker requires that one first download the program to do the monitoring.) The basic problem with all these sites for individuals going on a cruise is that they pertain to the market for any flight going between airports A and B on a particular day. Most of these flights however do not meet the requirements of cruisers unless one builds in traveling the day before and/or the day after the cruise. But, they can be useful to alert one to the possibility of an overall fare change. And, as almost always true, they do not include Southwest Airlines.

You can go to Southwest's website and download their "Ding!" program which places a little SW logo at the bottom of your screen. A couple of times a week, you'll hear a little "ding" which signals you to click on the logo to see all the latest, and usually excellent rates they are currently offering. I love the Ding thing and find great savings!

Cindy

Archived