Manzanillo tours

candj89

in manzanillo we took a cab to la audencia beach,, it was nice. there were vendors and places to order food, and also get fresh coconut with lime,

we also snorkeled there, the water was ok.. nothing like the caribbean, but it was fun, it wasnt rough, since it was more like in a bay...

i was trying to find a link online, i didnt see one, i found this on google...

water5.jpg

We went to Playa La Audencia in November last year and my son and I just enjoyed hanging out on the tiny beach. You could take snorkling boat trips out from there but if you plan on just snorkling right there on the shore line visibility was horrible. Well at least as far as I could see. I was to chicken to go out into the water because I couldn't see, it looked muddy or like the bottom was stirred up. For that reason my DH doesn't not want to return there on out next cruise this Nov.

What are some fun tours/excursions in Manzanillo? We are going to Acapulco, Manzanillo and Ixtapa, which has the best snorkling (for me), and fishing (for DH)?

Thx

Cj

I am also going to these three ports in late October/early November. I have the same question. And if anyone has any info on the fishing, which port is best, please let us know. As of now, I haven't signed up for any excursions. I may just wait till I get on the ship. Any ideas are welcome.

Manzanillo, you can get a day pass for Las Hadas Resort, it has a great pool with swim up bar, nice restraunt,(food and drinks are usually included with a day pass and has a beautiful golf course. It also has a great bay for swimming, you can get kayeks there and other water toys, usually included. Mexico is not the best place for snorkeling, but I did get some great underwater pictures in Manzanillo of really neat fish around the rocks there. Also the beach in Manzanillo has lots of restauraunts and flea markets which was great fun.Acapulco it you hit it right at Bocca Chica Resort has some pretty clear water and easy access. I believe you can get your equipment right there. Look up http://bocachicahotel.com/ the water is never as clear and calm as it is in the carribean though.

We were in Manzanillo last December. We took the Turtle farm (don't recall exact name) excursion from the ship. It was a nice day - about a 45 minute drive to the turtle place where we had a tour and observed the baby turtles in big tanks. Then everyone walked down to the beach and everyone was given a tiny turtle to release into the sea. Very interesting. Oh, yes, before we had the turtle tour, we had a small boat ride into the lagoon there which was nice and reminded me of the Florida Everglades. After releasing the turtles we again boarded the buses and went to a small town a couple of miles away and had a nice lunch of Mexican food. There were some vendors around and an impressive long stretch of beach in front of the restaurant. We enjoyed that excursion.

• 1 month later...

Archived