No documents!!!

Princesstcase

Ok so we leave on our cruise on Sunday and I never received any documents in my mailbox!! What do I do? Can I still get on the boat without them?! Freaking out here!

If you did air thru the cruiseline, this could be the delay... if cruise only, they could have been lost in the mail..... CALL YOUR TA or Carnival (whomever you booked with) and advise them that you have not receieved the docs yet.

Final Note.... Don't worry if "cruise only" (w/out cruiseline air) as you can use the "Fun Pass" paperwork to board in the event you do not receive your docs before your cruise......

Have a GREAT CRUISE !

First of all, did you use a TA or PVP? Did you complete your Fun Pass?

There are lots of folks who book so close to the sail date that there isn't time for the docs to get mailed to them. Were you one of those?

If your Fun Pass is complete (be sure to take a print out with you) and there is a reasonable explanation why the docs did not arrive , then you should be fine.

If you did air thru the cruiseline, this could be the delay... if cruise only, they could have been lost in the mail..... CALL YOUR TA or Carnival (whomever you booked with) and advise them that you have not receieved the docs yet.

Final Note.... Don't worry if "cruise only" (w/out cruiseline air) as you can use the "Fun Pass" paperwork to board in the event you do not receive your docs before your cruise......

Have a GREAT CRUISE !

I hate people with great ideas that type faster than I do!! : )

First of all-yes you can get aboard the ship-complete and fill out your fun pass on Carnivals website. Or if you can't do that, all you will really need is you booking # and your id to board.

This happened to me once-I had booked the cruise about 3 weeks out on Carnival's website cause they only had 1 cabin in Cat I wanted. A week before the cruise I still did not have docs. Although I didn't use my TA I called him anyway to ask for help and he called Carnival and my docs were overnighted to me.

So call your TA or whoever you booked it thru and see about getting your docs overnighted but you will be able to board if that doesn't happen.

I booked this cruise through Carnival's website back in April. So I don't understand why they never sent them. I did book a guarentee balcony room.. but I don't think that should have anything to do with it. But I have filled out my Funpass. But when I printed it out, all that printed was one page that had like a credit card sized card that said Funpass on it... is that all I need? Or do I need to print out each page that I filled out?

I booked this cruise through Carnival's website back in April. So I don't understand why they never sent them. I did book a guarentee balcony room.. but I don't think that should have anything to do with it.

I would still give Carnival a call. It couldn't hurt!!

Good replies above. I'm just curious as to why, if you booked the cruise in April, you didn't get your docs...? If it were me, I'd give Carnival a call and get them to check on it - no reason for you not to have rec'd them by now - unless they were sent to the wrong address.

If you have the Fun Pass completed and have a printout...no worries; you will get on the ship. Check with the porter at the pier who's holding the manifest. He'll give you the correct tags for your luggage.

I'd still call Carnival and let them know you didn't receive your docs.;)

Good replies above. I'm just curious as to why, if you booked the cruise in April, you didn't get your docs...? If it were me, I'd give Carnival a call and get them to check on it - no reason for you not to have rec'd them by now - unless they were sent to the wrong address.

If you have the Fun Pass completed and have a printout...no worries; you will get on the ship. Check with the porter at their pier who's holding the manifest. He'll give you the correct tags for your luggage.

I'd still call Carnival and let them know you didn't receive your docs.;)

I wish they would accidently mail me some "docs"...I would be getting fake ids and fake birthcertificates...no I wouldn't. I don't think I would....

no ... definately not! ; )

If you call Carnival, any PVP they can look up when your documents were mailed out on their computer. I just did this so I know you can do this. If I was you I'd call Carnival ASAP. I wouldn't stress over it too bad though, it will all work out fine. Have a great cruise.

So I called Carnival yesterday and told them I never received the docs. They said they mailed them on August 3rd... but they didn't put the apartment number on the package! *****?!? If there is an apartment number listed on the reservation for a MAILING ADDRESS then you can't expect me to receive any mail!! Anyway, they said they would email me a confirmation and to print my funpass (which I already had done) and that would get me on the boat..... well I haven't received any email yet...... should I call back? Its been over 24 hours!

.......well I haven't received any email yet...... should I call back? Its been over 24 hours!

I would definitely call them back and ask for the confirmation to be sent via email - like NOW. In all probability, it won't matter, as you have filled out the FunPass - but I like to have something like solid proof in my hand whenever I travel. Insist that they send it to you - they can send it while on the phone with you....so be persistent.

It's a real shame you didn't get your docs, for whatever reason. The "Welcome Aboard" booklet that comes w/the docs contains a wealth of information you really do need to know.;)

Archived