Prettist and cleanest ports.

CruisinCandy10

You all that have traveled alot, what are the nicest ports. DH & I just got off the Celebration on Saturday. Really enjoyed our cruise. Don't care if I ever go back to Nassau again. It was dirty! The water was very pretty. We were there 18 years ago. Didn't do much downtown shopping and can't remember (everything has changed) We remember the beaches being pink from the coral. Didn't find that this time. Was told the Western Carribean is better. Didn't like Coz. beaches. Not pretty sand or water. So may be USVI and St. Thomas/ St. JOhn.

Thanks for your opinions, Candy

You all that have traveled alot, what are the nicest ports. DH & I just got off the Celebration on Saturday. Really enjoyed our cruise. Don't care if I ever go back to Nassau again. It was dirty! The water was very pretty. We were there 18 years ago. Didn't do much downtown shopping and can't remember (everything has changed) We remember the beaches being pink from the coral. Didn't find that this time. Was told the Western Carribean is better. Didn't like Coz. beaches. Not pretty sand or water. So may be USVI and St. Thomas/ St. JOhn.

The carnival miracle cruise. All but Belize. Very clean ports. All the ports were great for scuba on that ship

Some of my favorites:

St Lucia

Grand Cayman

Curacuo (can't even spell it:eek: )

San Juan

St. Thomas

Guadeloupe

to name a few, keeping in mind because we had so much fun in these places it puts them high on the list.

We'll continue to explore and add more to the list!

Payd:)

Nassau, is very over rated in my opinion. It has nothing special to offer.

Nassau, is very over rated in my opinion. It has nothing special to offer.

I have to agree with you on this one. Last year I went on a trip with my old job and stayed at Atlantis on Nassau Island. Everything there is jacked up and you can't trust anyone. Be aware of phone calls showing up on your phone bill! Make sure you book everything with a credit card so you can dispute charges later because it happened to a lot of my old co-workers. As for the area I stayed in, it was gorgeous but the drive from the airport to the hotel was not well maintained. Then again, it is an Island!! Hmmm....

-Katie

I find beauty in almost every port, but the top cleanest ports are, Grand Cayman, San Juan, Aruba and the alaska ports.

my top most beautiful ports are St. John USVI, Roatan & Dominica not at the port itself but once you get up in the rainforest, it is stunning.

I am from Alaska so i didn't count its beauty.

The cleanest port in my opinion has to be Grand Cayman.

The most beautiful ports:

1- Grand Cayman

2- Aruba

3- St Thomas

My favrote ports:

1- Barbados (great scuba diving)

2- Aruba

3- St Thomas (more great diving)

We did not care for Nassau either. My other least favorite port would have to be Dominica.

I like nice scenery, nice sand beaches and nice people. Clean is good too.

My Favs:

Grand Cayman

Dominica

Kauai

St.Thomas USVI

Princess Cays

Barbados

Cozumel

Key West

Honolulu

Maui

Kona

Not my Favs:

Ensenada

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Haiti

Hilo

Curacao

Isla Margarita

Would disagree with all of the above i am afraid - Get out of the caribbean and head for asia and australia. While i know you guys consider it cheap to stay in the caribbean, asia can, because of the difference in economy, prices can work out very good (I can get 14 nights in asia in luxury for less than 7 nights in europe)

Fow the best beaches by a long way, it has to be maldives or seychelles

X I will have to agree with this whole post. Beautiful reef at Tabayana Beach in Roatan. The place is unforgettable. I loved Nassau too (the reef we snorkeled) and I loved Cozumel (before Wilma). I hope Cozumel is recovering well.

Roatan!! Simply breathtaking! Gorgeous beaches, crystal-clear water, very friendly locals...I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Cozumel and Bermuda are also high up on the list.

Personally I like Nassau. Been there twice and really enjoyed both visits.

Archived