10 Day W. Caribbean Adventurer on the Dawn...

L2J

I've been looking for a review of this cruise on both the new boards and the old but I seem to be coming up dry.

If anyone has a review to link me to, or can tell me about it I'd really appreciate it.

The reason you can’t find a review is that Princess is not currently sailing this itinerary. The first cruise will be on October 4 and we’ll be on it. Look for reviews in mid-October.

Jim

We plan on booking this cruise for the Jan 29, 2005 sailing. I also would be interested in your review of the October cruise.

We've cruised the Sea Princess and Sun Princess, which are sister ships to the Dawn, and we loved them. Its one of the reasons we are anxious to cruise the Dawn Princess.

Hi,

We're booked on the Dec. 3 Dawn and I, too was disappointed that there was no chatter about the ship and its itinerary. Finally, I went back to the old boards and scrolled and scrolled until I found what I was looking for. Last year, during this time, the Dawn left out of San Juan and the people who were one the sailing that left the first week of December talked about what a nightmare their cruise was. Princess, they said, offered last minute rates for $299 and everyone jumped on board. People were playing loud boom boxes trying to drown out the pool band. the pool had to be closed because someone deficated in it. and people were sitting on deck guzzling directly from liquor bottles. The whole scene sounded like a bad sit-com. (several posters described similar experiences).

Anyway, the cruise is out of FLL now and hopefully, because of that, it will book early so not so many last-minute bargain shoppers (and their children) arrive. The reason we booked it--this is our first Princess cruise--was the itinerary of islands. Even though they call this W. Caribbean, it's really the best of the east and west, at least to us. Any single cruise that gives us Cozumel and St. Thomas and St. Martin, without Key West, Nassau or San Juan...is a winner in our book. I'm sure you'll have a great time no matter what. : )

balanceak, we will be joining you on the Jan. 29 cruise, we are also sailing on the Jan 19. This will be our 3rd. b2b on the Dawn. We did one in 2001, 2003 and now 2005. It is exactly the same as the Sea (sailed on it 2000) the Ocean (also 2000) also the same, but no longer in Princess fleet. Never made it on the Sun. I think of our 32 cruises, we like these Sister ships the best. Service, Size, and lay out of the ships. I am sure you will enjoy the Dawn.

This is a fantastik 10 day voyage........... the best of the eastern & western carribbean. Princess originally used it for the 1st STar Princess back in '89, then for the Sea & Ocean princesses in early 2000. We were so excited to see it brought back that we've booked it for late October. bEEN ON THE dAWN 5 TIMES so if you have any ship or island questions let me know. After 34 Princess cruises I'd be glad to pass on whatever I can.

This is a fantastik 10 day voyage........... the best of the eastern & western carribbean. Princess originally used it for the 1st STar Princess back in '89, then for the Sea & Ocean princesses in early 2000. We were so excited to see it brought back that we've booked it for late October. bEEN ON THE dAWN 5 TIMES so if you have any ship or island questions let me know. After 34 Princess cruises I'd be glad to pass on whatever I can.

Will you please tell me about the cruise?!

Helenrose - glad to hear you will be on the cruise. We have done a couple of 10-day cruises before, but we've never done a b2b, especially on a 10-day cruise. What a great way to travel.

We will be traveling with another couple from SLC. It will be their first cruise, so this is something we are really looking forward too.

See you aboard.

:)

Glad to hear that we have choosen such a great itenerary for our first cruise,

we fly in from germany and I plan to give a feedback on our first cruise.

We have booked departing Oct 4 and I think this will be the "premiere" of the

dawn going for that itenerary.

Theo(Germany)

Archived