Anyone use Economytravel.com

Watersports

:mad: I am angry at Economytravel.com. I was booking a flight from Chicago to Barcelona and then Miami to Chicago, The information shown on the screen was correct. When I went and paid, it only gave me a confirmation for the Chicago to Barcelona leg. Nothing mentioned of the Mimai to Chicago.

And when I tried to call them, they were closed last night. Now they are closed till Monday.

With all of your experience out there. When I call them monday, do you all think that I will be stuck with these tickets (one way to Barcelona for $490.75 per person.). With the miami to chicago I think that was a decent price. But not without the other flight.

Thanks all in advance,

I believe economytravel.com only books international fares. They are consolidators for a lot of foreign carriers. I am not sure they have the capacity to book a domestic ticket. Hopefully, booking an open jaw international gets around that restriction. Let us know how this works out.

PS-lots of times it's cheaper to book US/London on a US flagged carrier and then fly a European airline to wherever you want to go in Europe. May not be quite as convenient if you have a lot of checked luggage, but you must use the time/money equation. For $25.00, I can usually get luggage hauled all over Heathrow to make a connecting flight.

Open jaw is where you leave from one place (in your example-Chicago) and return to your origin from another place (Miami to Chicago). I do lots of open jaws for cruises and for business. Right now, I am booking an open jaw from LA to Santiago, Chile, with return to LA from Lima, Peru. I will make my own arrangements how to get from Santiago to Lima. Usually cheaper and I love the challenge of coming up with great airfares. I own the business, so it really is my dime.

Let me know how you come out with Economytravel.com. We have used them three times before, but only on USA/Europe business class tickets. They were great for those, but open jaws and domestic tickets is not their expertise.

Thanks for the info Greatam. I am in the same boat as you, as far as trying to find the good fares and connections between various cities. I own my own company to, so it's my dime too.

As far as economytravel.com, I was lying in bed this moning, screening my calls and economytravel was on the phone. I picked up and she was telling me they couldn't book the ticket until I sent them a fax back and a copy of my charge card. I proceeded to tell the woman of the mix up on the computer. Greatam, as you were right, they only do international. So, I was able just to cancel the flight request.

I then found on flights.com a Lufthansa flight from ord to munich and then onto Barcelona for $349/pp (a hell of a lot better than $491 from economytravel.com). I am now looking for a good fare from Miami to Chicago, but I am not worried about that one.

Let me as you this, have you ever purchased a round trip ticket and only used the first leg?

They don't recharge you for turning it into a one-way do they?

Now onto travel insurance.

Yes, I book some round trips and only use one leg. Cheapest way to a lot of places. MUST use the outbound leg or the airlines will cancel the entire intinerary. DO NOT make this a habit with an airline you have FF miles on. They will back bill you or charge your FF account. Use some airline you won't fly often.

I am an AA EXP (over 100,000 miles per year), so would never do it with AA. But JetBlue, Southwest, Airtran, you betcha. I only use those airlines when their fare is cheap or I am trying to get someplace not in the AA normal scheme things. You should have NO problems booking Florida to Chicago for a VERY good fare. Don't wait TOO long. When you see a good fare, jump on it within 12 hours. That's about how long the good fares last anymore. Good luck.

What dates do you need? I pulled up RT tickets from $175 and up. Southwest is running a fare sale from Florida right now. Other airlines are matching. Midway to FLL or West Palm is $59.00 + tax each way through Sept. 30. You have to buy RT to get that price, but so what.

I just booked the wrong flight and thought I would now have to rent a hotel room for the night.

I decided to call Air tran and tell them, they changed it back to Friday instead of Saturday for no charge.

Boy, this is my lucky day.

;)

Archived