Chances of an upgrade

star1765

Hello! It has been so looong since I have visited this site!! I was wondering since this is our first time as a tba (guarantee) for our cruise next summer on the Legend, what are chances are for an upgrade if the cruise sells out. TIA!!

If the cruise sells out, your chances are pretty good. As a general rule, the earlier you book the better your chances are for an upgrade. This is especially true with the most popular categories of cabin, (guarantee being one of them).

Please note that there are no hard and fast rules for upgrades. Things seem to vary from one line to another and even from one ship to another within the same line.

Probably, the best explanation that I have ever seen is that "Upgrades are at the whim of the Upgrade Fairy. If she deigns to tap you with her magic wand, you get an upgrade. If not, not."

Good luck to you, enjoy the cruise!

Karen in Jax

You may want to contact your TA this week to check on upgrading yourself. Carnival is having a one-day sale on Thurs this week. How this usually works is that for the price of a 4A you can get a 4E, or for the price of a 6A you can get a 6D. Go for it!

Betsy those one day sales are for new bookings only. You cant tranfer a booking to those one day sales. And fromt he look of those one day sales. people probably already booked cheaper then what they are on sale for. (they are also set cabins...

I just got back from the Triumph 7/3/04 sailing. I booked an 8a upper balcony guarntee and got upgraded to a deluxe balcony panorama deck. Quite a big jump up!!! I booked the sailing in January 04

Betsy: I think I am lost with your question.

People do get upgrades and onboard credits..not just with these one day sails. If you see a price come down thats when you call and ask. The one day sales are different.

Archived