Anyone ever use Skyauction.com????

GlenEllen

Hi-Just found this website for skyauction and was wondering if anyone has used them and if it was a good experience. We're thinking about a last minute cruise out of New York for August (family of four includes kids 11 and 7) and they seem to have the best prices I have found so far......but are there any undocumented "catches" that I may not be aware of???? Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!!

I used them last year for a cruise to Bermuda. It all worked out perfectly and I got a great rate. Just be sure you know the real prices before you start bidding. It is easy to get carried away and wind up paying more for the cruise than the rate from the cruise line or any other agency.

So is the price per person or is it for 2. I have read the descriptions but it doesn't clear it up for me. If it is for 1- and it says there are 2 of these available- then you would need to purchase both for a couple? Sorry if I sound totally stupid but it just isn't coming to me this am!

We bid successfully on a cruise in October - got a great price but make sure you scroll down to the end to see all the charges, such as tax, port charges, etc. The price is for 1 and yes, if you want 2 bid for 2. We set a maximum limit and just let SkyAuction bid for us. If you register, you can go to "Winners" and see if the same cruise has been won previously and for what price. I am happy with our bid and if you need to have questions answered, email from SkyAuction takes about 24 hours but they do get back to you. Good luck.

Archived