Crown L218 & L250 - Any noise issues?

SC_Sam

DW and I just returned from a week on CB. Had a wonderful trip, our only regret was cabin selection.

We love the Lido deck cabins for the convenience, but we were in L306, which is between the elevator banks and Neptune's pool area. It was noisy, both from traffic to and from the pool, and from the room service carts which emerged early each morning from a service door directly across the hall.

As a result, we moved further up the hall on our upcoming Crown trips. We're in L250 for our August 2007 trip from NY - I've read lots of good things about this cabin, so I'm not too concerned about this one.

For our February 2007 trip out of San Juan, the best we could do was L218. Does anybody have any experience with this cabin? I know we'll be okay for the foot traffic problem described, but we're a little concerned about the noise from overhead. It appears from the deck plans that the massage rooms are above. This seemed preferable to being further forward, which is under the exercise areas (including the treadmills).

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Anything on the Lido Deck would be noisier than other decks because you have the pool on your deck and the Spa above you. However, the Spa isn't open all night, so for sleeping it shouldn't be a big issue.

Is there an entry to the Spa near your room? I am looking at a floor plan and can see the Thermal Suite and what looks like a doorway across from L214. I am not sure whether the door opens or not.

The further you are from the elevator banks, the quieter it will be.

DW and I just returned from a week on CB. Had a wonderful trip, our only regret was cabin selection.

We love the Lido deck cabins for the convenience, but we were in L306, which is between the elevator banks and Neptune's pool area. It was noisy, both from traffic to and from the pool, and from the room service carts which emerged early each morning from a service door directly across the hall.

As a result, we moved further up the hall on our upcoming Crown trips. We're in L250 for our August 2007 trip from NY - I've read lots of good things about this cabin, so I'm not too concerned about this one.

For our February 2007 trip out of San Juan, the best we could do was L218. Does anybody have any experience with this cabin? I know we'll be okay for the foot traffic problem described, but we're a little concerned about the noise from overhead. It appears from the deck plans that the massage rooms are above. This seemed preferable to being further forward, which is under the exercise areas (including the treadmills).

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

we will be in L-305 on the 9-30 cruise.. our first..I hoped it wouldn't be a problem, we wanted to be near the action, and were upgraded here from the Aloha deck..Has anyone been in this room yet? that can give me some info?

Archived