Beaches in Belize

theduckandthegoose

There are no 'beaches' in Belize City...or around.

You will need to either do a beach exursion that takes you out to a Caye somewhere, or score a water taxi that will take you out at the port.

If you use a ship excursion, you will more than likely be picked up at the ship and not have to tender in to meet your guide.

Enjoy Belize!

Hola,

Do a google when in doubt. Lots of info there.

There are tours to several of the islands or cayes that can be booked at the tender dock. My inlaws booked a snorkel trip through some of the locals and had a small island all alone for a measley $30@. If you don't want to explore on your own, book through the ship.

There is a water taxi that goes to Caye Caulker where you can spend the day on a nice beache and there are stores and , my favorite, FOOD.

• 4 weeks later...

My DH & I wanted a nice beach also & were told Caye Caulker was the place to go. We ventured beyond the fence (scary) to the water taxi station. the boats were totally overloaded with people & the ride is about an hour. The island looks like gilligans island & there is no beach. I assure you you will be dissappointed if you go there looking for beaches. After the fact, i learned the only place with real beaches is San Pedro, about an additional 15 minute boat ride from Caye Caulker. I reccommend booking an excursion or staying on the boat. Visit a beach somewhere else that is nice!

Archived