Marriott Beach Towers vs Pelican Bay

BillfromWV

Hello:

We are staying for two days before the cruise in Fort Lauderdale. In everyone's opinion, which hotel would be better for a 9 year old and a 6 year old, Pelican Bay or Marriott Beach Tower. The towers are cheaper for a two bedroom suite vs Pelican Bay for a suite with two queens. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Sailing,

Bill

hi bill,

i think you mean PELICAN BEACH. this is our favorite family hotel in ft. lauderdale. we use it for pre and post cruising and we are there 2 times a year for florida land vacations. it is the perfect family hotel. they have a nice beach, a nice pool, an awesome lazy river, the restaurant has great food and is very reasonably priced, they also have an old fashioned ice cream parlor.

the room that you are describing is actually the one WE ALWAYS BOOK. you will love the configuration. it is set up much differently than your usual suites and the decor throughout the hotel is beautiful. (boy i just realized.... i sound as though i'm doing a commercial!!)

now, is the other hotel you're questioning... the MARRIOTT HARBOR BEACH? we've been there as well. that hotel has a nicer beach and pool but for kids PELICAN BEACH IS THE PLACE.

I have stayed at Marriott Beach Place Towers. We love it there. They do have a kids club in the hotel. and also kids night out for a fee.There are plenty of things to do there. 3 floors of stores,bars,resteraunts,and also on ground floor in the court they have bands,or entertainers, it's a beautiful atmosphere to just sit in the court and listen to music.I don't believe the music is every night, but if your there on a weekend I'm sure they will have something.Also,Beach Place has an underground tunnell to the beach so you do not have to cross the road with small children and all of your beach gear. If you go to Sunny.org and click on "live beach cam" you will see the beach,and the cam is located on the top of Beach Place.I'm sure no matter you stay you will enjoy yourself!:)

Archived