POH Upsells?

CruiseAddict58

This probably belongs on the NCL board, but I can tell you that upsell phone calls don't usually start until well after final payment. For popular cruise dates, there may not be upsells at all. You are cruising on a holiday, so it's probably less likely that there will be extensive upsells. NCL is doing upsells on a "don't call us, we'll call you basis" in part because some people (many who are members of CC) were calling the small department daily (or even more often) asking about/for upsells. They couldn't handle the volume and now don't accept upsell calls. You can have your TA note that you are interested on your reservation, but I have heard that Lattitudes members and the most frequent cruisers are offered upsells first unless NCL wants to re-release a certain type of cabin to inventory and wants to try to move other up to do so.

I'm sure that PoH has upsells the same as all the other NCL/NCLA ships, but she's only been cruising for a few months, so there's not as much info out there about her anyway.

I'm sure you know the standard advice: Book a cabin category you will be happy with and then if you do get the upsell call (or the elusive free upgrade) then it's just icing on the cruise cake.

beachchick

My TA inquired about an upsell for our POH cruise coming up on November 6 and was told that NCL was not doing as many upsells any more and that based on the popularity of our cruise, wouldn't be offering any upsells on our sailing.

FWIW

Spleen

Archived