Carnival - Any extras?

err929

We cruise often, but haven't cruised on Carnival for several years. We have booked a Cat. 11 Suite on the Victory. I have a few questions. Do they have the special restaurants like the other lines? Can you pre-book spa reservations? Can you wait in your room to disembark like on other lines? Is the regular dinner menu available for room service? Sounds as though bar set-up isn't really necessary since there is a mini-bar, thoughts? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

You'll probably get more info if you post this over on the Carnival board, but I can help with some of your questions.

I'm pretty sure the Victory does have a specialty restaurant.

You cannot wait in your room at disembarkation. Cannot remember the exact time you have to be out, but you can just stroll around the ship or hang out in a lounge until your tag color is called.

Room service menus are limited, not the same as dining room menus. Mostly sandwiches, pizzas, cookies etc.

Sorry I can't help with the rest.

We cruise often, but haven't cruised on Carnival for several years. We have booked a Cat. 11 Suite on the Victory. I have a few questions. Do they have the special restaurants like the other lines? Can you pre-book spa reservations? Can you wait in your room to disembark like on other lines? Is the regular dinner menu available for room service? Sounds as though bar set-up isn't really necessary since there is a mini-bar, thoughts? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

First of all, I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

1. I do not believe you can pre-book the spa, but as soon as you board...I know they will be more than happy to take your reservation.

2. They do ask that you wait at an appointed location for debarkation. Since you have a suite, I know you will be getting the VIP Check In. I don't know it that also includes VIP Debarkation (like we Platinum members get) or not. If it does, then you will be debarking fairly close to the beginning and will not have a long wait. We debark right after the self assist.

3. There regular dinner menu is not available for Room Service. They do have a nice array of sandwiches, fruit, desserts etc. I do enjoy ordering my continental breakfast the night before. You simply mark your selections on a door hanger and place it outside your door the night before. It has always been delivered at the time I selected and the coffee is hot and the bagels are warm. There is also several selections of cereal, danish, salmon, fruit etc.

I have never sailed on the Victory, but do play to rectify that oversight as soon as possible. ; )

You'll probably get more info if you post this over on the Carnival board, but I can help with some of your questions.

I'm pretty sure the Victory does have a specialty restaurant.

You cannot wait in your room at disembarkation. Cannot remember the exact time you have to be out, but you can just stroll around the ship or hang out in a lounge until your tag color is called.

Room service menus are limited, not the same as dining room menus. Mostly sandwiches, pizzas, cookies etc.

Sorry I can't help with the rest.

Cruzeluver - Thanks for your help! I see you're going on the NCL Majesty in the near future. I've been on that ship. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Archived