Need Socks for fins

drdaddy

I am just a snorkler but I just bought my own fins so I can explore further. I bought fins with an adjustable strap (That is padded and really does not require a sock) and open heel. Very comfortable but I am a bit concerned for our upcoming cruise. Going to Curacao and St. John and will be going in the water from the beach in many spots. Although it is supposed to be not aas bad as Dominica, I understand the beach can be very rocky.

Can anyone suggest an inexpensive pair of socks, thin and lightweight that I can purchase, probably on line? I want to make sure that they will fit into the pocket of the fins. These fins are not made to be worn with socks but I think they may be more comfortable this way especially on the rocky beaches.

Thanks.

Have you checked your local dive shops ? I think it might be better to go to a local shop and bring a fin with you. This way you are assured the sock is going to be ok with the fin.

Last year I went through a routine on the web :rolleyes: after I found my snorkel fins had a dry rot spot. Long story but I eventually went to a local dive shop and got a nice pair of fins at a reasonable price. The web prices were not much different than the local dive shop. I tried on a couple of different fins and there was a difference between different brands.

You shouldn't need them at St. Johns. I don't know about Curacao. I snorkeled from shore at Bonaire and there was a lot of crushed coral but we didn't have a problem. I think Curacao is similiar with the coral.

Ok, my suggestion would be go to the local dive shop or a scuba online and get a pair of booties with tread on the bottom... You mention the adj. strap, open heel is comfortable but from experience, it won't be for long..... And if you get the booty with tread, it will cover the issue with the rocks.... What I'm talking about is below....

BLRS.JPG

Archived