Hotels in Delphi and Meteora

love vacations

We are planning to use either George the Famous Taxi Driver or Nicholas from Greece Taxi to take us on a three day, two night trip after we get off the Nautica. George does not include the hotels in his fee. I have tried to find prices for hotels in these two cities, but all of the regular search engines are showing no availability for my dates next July. Has anyone done a similar trip and if so, can you give me advise on finding hotels?

Has anyone done this trip with either of these taxi drivers or can you recommend a company?

Thanks

I am using Jordon at athens-tours.gr. Found him on these boards and he was very quick to respond. He does a two day trip to Delphi/Meteora, we are only doing a day trip to Delphi. Also try tripadvisor or frommers for more information. They both are great sites nad I used them to find my hotels in Athens and Istanbul pre-post cruise in May 2007 Good Luck

When are you planning this tour to Meteora?

We are also on Nautica and our cruise ends in Athens on May 29, 2007. I would like to take a tour to Meteora, only we can take 2-day tour, but that is enough to iclude Delphi as well. We would like to share a private tour with somebody. I found a few companies that arrange bus tours to Meteora and they inlude hotels as well. Price is approximately 140-150 euro per person for 2 day tour. Just Google Meteora tours.

I have found numerous big bus trips to Delphi and Meteora, but we wanted to hire a smaller vehicle, so we can stop when and where we want and stay as long as we want at certain places. I have tried Trip Advisor, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, and several sites from different Greece tourism sites. I am having no luck at all. I know I have read on this site that others have done something similar and have used George, but I don't want to commit to him if I cannot find hotel rooms. Is it possible that all of the big bus tours have all of the hotels already booked? The dates I am looking for is Delphi July 3 and Meteora July 4.

Jordan (http://www.athens-tours.gr) was our driver for four days in Greece this summer before our Nautica cruise. We went to the Pelios area, Meteora, Delphi and other stops as we desired. Jordan is a great fun guy to travel with and has great knowledge of the area. While he can't act as a tour guide he certainly helps out and a good guide book (which he has with him which you can borrow) is all you will need. He arranged for our hotels in each location and we paid on check out. They averaged about 80 euros a night. He also knows the good local restaurants. Both Delphi and Meteora involve lots of up and down walking (many steps). Most of the monasteries require skirts or full length slacks on women and no shorts on men. They do have 'wrap' skirts you will have to wear if not properly dressed at the admission ticket office at each location. Just a tip, as some of the men looked great having to wear the skirts.

I would certainly avoid the masses that trudge around on the bus tours if you can. The costs are not all that much different to have your own private car and driver.

Jordan (www.athens-tours.gr) was our driver for four days in Greece this summer before our Nautica cruise. We went to the Pelios area, Meteora, Delphi and other stops as we desired. Jordan is a great fun guy to travel with and has great knowledge of the area. While he can't act as a tour guide he certainly helps out and a good guide book (which he has with him which you can borrow) is all you will need. He arranged for our hotels in each location and we paid on check out. They averaged about 80 euros a night. He also knows the good local restaurants. Both Delphi and Meteora involve lots of up and down walking (many steps). Most of the monasteries require skirts or full length slacks on women and no shorts on men. They do have 'wrap' skirts you will have to wear if not properly dressed at the admission ticket office at each location. Just a tip, as some of the men looked great having to wear the skirts.

I would certainly avoid the masses that trudge around on the bus tours if you can. The costs are not all that much different to have your own private car and driver.

We had Jordan when we were in Athens in August this summer. We went to Delphi and Corinth with him. He is great. You will really enjoy your time with him. I would love to hear your thougths on Meteora, as this was a spot that he (Jordan) thought was really special, and that we had definitely picked as a place to go to next time.

Enjoy!

Elin

Archived