Helicopter and Dog Mushing - which one?

Embracedbylife

I know from personal experience that the heli/dogs trip out of Juneau gets cancelled frequently due to bad weather. If it is an important excursion for you then you may have better luck out of Skagway. I don't want you to be crying on the dock as I was last week in Juneau.

You are very welcome, I wish you the best of luck to get to do that trip. It was going to be the highlight of the cruise for me, but weather wasn't cooperating. Next time, I keep telling myself!

You should book it in advance because heli/dogs sells out early. I booked through Celebrity and the refund was credited to my ship account immediately. Good luck and happy cruising.

Just wanted to let you know that we did the tour in Juneau and it was wonderful. Be careful, some dog sledding is done with wheels, rather than on the glacier with snow. The tour in Juneau was wonderful, but the weather was good for us. Maybe better if you did some more research.

We did the heli/dog sled with temco in Skagway and it was wonderful. We landed on Denver Glacier at a dog sled camp where they had 250 dogs. We got to hold 4 week old dogs. The glacier tour was also spectacular. We saw things that you would never see from the ground.

Should you get cancelled in Skagway you can always get it in Juneau. Our musher told us that the evening before our trip the fog had rolled in and they thought there would be no trips in the morning but it cleared and was 45 degrees(end of Aug) on the glacier but very windy.

Archived