Best ship/Western Itinerary

gamommyof3

Hi all, I am planning our first family cruise and am overwhelmed with the info and choices! I was wondering which is the best ship for a family of 5 (kids ages 16, 5, and 3) and best Western itinerary. We are planning to sail in July 07. I am also looking into RC and would love opinions about that as well.

Thanks so much.

It's a BEAUTIFUL ship with lots going on for all ages. I was considering booking it for our Western trip (we went on the Valor along the Eastern route) but thought it might be kinda boring to have our only 2 cruises be on the same ship, LOL. That's my $0.02...take it for what it's worth! I have pictures of the Valor on my signature, feel free to click on it and check them out! :)

Hi all, I am planning our first family cruise and am overwhelmed with the info and choices! I was wondering which is the best ship for a family of 5 (kids ages 16, 5, and 3) and best Western itinerary. We are planning to sail in July 07. I am also looking into RC and would love opinions about that as well.

Thanks so much.

Are you looking for a 7 day itinerary? Do you plan to drive or fly to the port? If driving I would definately choose from the ports closer to you. If flying my vote would be for the Conquest as well. I really liked the itinerary, Camp Carnival was great on that ship and we had no problems at all at the port with boarding.

We had a great time on both the Conquest and Valor, and so did our kids. Depends what port you want to leave from. We took Conquest from NOLA, so we got to experience that city. Miami is easier for us, in general.

Not doing W. Caribbean on RCCL until February, so I can't compare yet.

As for the two Carnival ships, I'm sure you'd have a great time on either.

Archived