Question about rooms and their description...

boowaaccaa

I booked though an outside TA and got got a '5A' oceanview (portholes) room on the Sensation. When I confirmed my reservation at the carnival site it said an interior room starting with 4 (4A.4B,4C etc.).

Obviously I called Carnival (as I had a confirmed e-mail with my TA) and of course they said call my TA as they must have booked you wrong.

I called my T.A. and he called carnival twice and confirmed my room number in the 5A catergory. So....I called Carnival again and this time the agent said, "oh a 5a is in the category of interior rooms." I asked how this was possible as it is an outside cabin with portholes--she said it just was.

I did confirm my room number with both TA and Carnival and as per the deck plans it is exactly where I orginally thought it was BUT I am nervous as Carnival is saying in it in the class of the interior rooms.....!:confused:

I booked though an outside TA and got got a '5A' oceanview (portholes) room on the Sensation. When I confirmed my reservation at the carnival site it said an interior room starting with 4 (4A.4B,4C etc.).

Obviously I called Carnival (as I had a confirmed e-mail with my TA) and of course they said call my TA as they must have booked you wrong.

I called my T.A. and he called carnival twice and confirmed my room number in the 5A catergory. So....I called Carnival again and this time the agent said, "oh a 5a is in the category of interior rooms." I asked how this was possible as it is an outside cabin with portholes--she said it just was.

I did confirm my room number with both TA and Carnival and as per the deck plans it is exactly where I orginally thought it was BUT I am nervous as Carnival is saying in it in the class of the interior rooms.....!:confused:

Some Cabins are indeed classified as Inside and could have port holes or windows.. On the Conquest Class ship, there is 2 Cat.1 cabins that have 2 large windows.

Fred

If by chance you pruchased when an upgrade was going on then you may have purchased and inside room and been upgraded to this one. Look on Carnivals website or get a brochure and see where your cabin number is if it is outside or inside. Good luck. We are book in the cheapest balcony in May and was upgraded four floors above that. Check you cabin number by the deck plans Have fun

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=410106

This thread discusses those rooms that are porthole rooms but categorized as inside. There are photos within one of the posts.

You mean to tell me that those windows in the pictures is a porthole??

I thought they's be a lot smaller!

Here is my opion about rooms......we have had outside, inside ,up and down. You are on a cruise, you are almost NEVER in the cabin except for changing and falling over stone tired and exhaused and in that case I prefer the inside cabins as they are nice and dark and let very little light in , great for solid sleep. And ofcourse you may visit the cabin from time to time for a few other reasons.....bathroom stop....and so on .........if ya know what I mean..........and again I prefer the inside cabin, dark and quiet and feels very private! For the most part you should be out of the cabin having a BLAST!!!! who cares about the cabin!! LOL

Again that is only my opinion.........we always ask for inside cabin , run of the ship , we have been upgraded for free nearly everytime we have sailed. Spend more money on having fun on the ship then where you sleep! Have a great time!!!

I don't need a fancy room either BUT my hubby kinda wanted to see the ocean (as his DM said it was better...). I was also nervous about ending up in a room with 1 up 1 down. I now understand better how to aviod that--but just the same.

At the time of booking, I am not sure if it was an error or not, but the price of this class (5A) was the cheapest--even cheaper than a 4 room or a 1A gaurntee....so I was extra nervous--but I didn't want to lose the deal!

Archived