How is the Celebration doing

tigerdadky

Hey taking a cruise on the Celebration next April and Ive been reading about her problems of late and was wondering if anyone who has traveled on her has any info on how its doing. Also any pics and reviews on the celebration is welcomed.

The only thing I like to warn folks about is that the Celebration does not have an atrium. With all the cruise ads flashing the atrium at every turn, it isn't a big deal....unless you are expecting one.

I just returned from a trip on the Celebration yesterday. This is my second time on this ship but I still had a great time. From experience if you want to visit Atlantis while in Nassau take a taxi ($5/pp/one way) and go through the Atlantis at your own pace. You can visit the hotel and walk around free. If you would like to see the aquarium it is only $35, but there is also an area in the lobby you can see the same thing for free. If you take the tour the ship offers you pay $59 and have to walk about a mile from the water taxi drop off point, the taxi will take you right to the door of the hotel. I also walked about 2 blocks and went to the public beach, Cabbage Beach, it was beautiful ($5 to rent a beach lounge chair). My whole day in Nassau cost $15 and I didn't feel rushed at all.

The shows on the ship were wonderful especially the guys who took almost all off when doing the Full Monty song. :p

The cruise director Big Tex was also funny, wait until you see him dance, not bad for a big guy.

The ship seemed to be running fine and the water was somewhat smooth this trip unlike my first which was also during hurricane season. There were a couple of times it felt like we were scrapping bottom and sand would start kicking up but this only happened when we were arriving in Freeport and leaving Nassau.

Good luck on your trip and have a great time.

Celebration 9/2005

Imagination 7/2006

Celebration 9/2006

I just returned from a trip on the Celebration yesterday. This is my second time on this ship but I still had a great time. From experience if you want to visit Atlantis while in Nassau take a taxi ($5/pp/one way) and go through the Atlantis at your own pace. You can visit the hotel and walk around free. If you would like to see the aquarium it is only $35, but there is also an area in the lobby you can see the same thing for free. If you take the tour the ship offers you pay $59 and have to walk about a mile from the water taxi drop off point, the taxi will take you right to the door of the hotel. I also walked about 2 blocks and went to the public beach, Cabbage Beach, it was beautiful ($5 to rent a beach lounge chair). My whole day in Nassau cost $15 and I didn't feel rushed at all.

The shows on the ship were wonderful especially the guys who took almost all off when doing the Full Monty song. :p

The cruise director Big Tex was also funny, wait until you see him dance, not bad for a big guy.

The ship seemed to be running fine and the water was somewhat smooth this trip unlike my first which was also during hurricane season. There were a couple of times it felt like we were scrapping bottom and sand would start kicking up but this only happened when we were arriving in Freeport and leaving Nassau.

Good luck on your trip and have a great time.

Celebration 9/2005

Imagination 7/2006

Celebration 9/2006

I had a great time on the Celebration also Big Tex is the best cruise director I have seen yet

Archived