Just got upgraded to our first balcony! Now a few ???

offwego

it. We are so excited :D

But since we have not had a balcony before we have a few questions I am hoping some of you who have, will be able to answer for us.

1. How chilly will it be from Vancouver BC to LA? Will we need a jacket? I am assuming it will be warm once we get close to Mexico??

2. Is there a cover over the top -- will we be able to sit there and not have the sun blarring on us?

3. Are there barriers between the balconies, room to room?

4. Since there are 3 of us, are we able to ask for a third chair?

Thanks for clearing things up for us :)

1. How chilly will it be from Vancouver BC to LA? Will we need a jacket? I am assuming it will be warm once we get close to Mexico??

Carry a light jacket, just in case. It may or may not be chilly most of the way during the day, but it should be chilly at night.

2. Is there a cover over the top -- will we be able to sit there and not have the sun blarring on us?

Since you're sailing south most of the way, the port side of the ship will have sunshine in the mornings, the starboard side in theafternoons. Just the oposite will be true for shade. The balconies are covered, but their roofs will only provide shade around noon.

3. Are there barriers between the balconies, room to room?

Yes, there are barriers. Assuming you're sailing on the Star or Pearl, the dividers can be opened if you wish to make a larger "shared" balcony.

4. Since there are 3 of us, are we able to ask for a third chair?

Unless you're in a forward or aft facing balcony or suite, there isn't room for three chairs and still have access through the balcony door. I wouldn't recommend asking for an extra chair.

Archived