Looking for local St John's (NB) excursions

Booked late and closed out of Princess tours to Bay of fundy/ St Martins. I'm hoping that there are local tour operaters/ car rentals available that someone can recomend. Any to Hopewell Rocks or are they too far from St John's. Thanks for the help!

When are you going to be here?......when you get off the ship here in Saint John there are two very large tents...the one to the right has the tours for Saint John and area, there will be people there to help you ...look for someone in a navy blazer and white pants....they will point you in the right direction...they are part of the 'Meet and Greet" group.

If are planning on going to Hopewell Rocks that is a two hour drive each way. But to total enjoy the "rocks" it is best to see them at low tide.

I hope that this helps......hope that you enjoy our beautiful and very friendly city.

It is very easy to view the reversing rapids without an organized tour. It is only a short taxi ride to Fallsview Park which overlooks the rapids. You should time your visit for maximum high tide as this is when the Bay of Fundy flows back into the St. John River. At low tide the rocky bottom of the river is more visible. At slack tide the water is flat.

Our cab driver waited for us while I took pictures. Afterwards they can drop you at the Maritime Museum which is only a short walk from the pier.

Enjoy your trip.

Will be there on oct 17th, and it is looking like St martins/bay of Fundy with Freedom Tours or rent a car and drive out. Hopewell Rocks seem to be too far out for this trip, but the reversing falls sound like a go. As for a friendly city, I just returned from Waterton Lakes and find all Canadians friendly and helpfull. Thanks again!

The fall are a must.......but best to see then when the tide is going out...the best rapids are at low tide...that is when the St. John River is high and the bay is low.......

As for St. Martins it is beautiful there...the coverd bridges and the caves(can only go into the caves at low tide)...I try to post some of my most recent photos of St. Martins....

enjoy your cruise

The fall are a must.......but best to see then when the tide is going out...the best rapids are at low tide...that is when the St. John River is high and the bay is low.......

As for St. Martins it is beautiful there...the coverd bridges and the caves(can only go into the caves at low tide)...I try to post some of my most recent photos of St. Martins....

enjoy your cruise

I was able to post the photos that I have of St. Martins and some of the Fundy trail. I hope that you enjoy them. Just click on the " community.webshots " that is under "Sea Princess"

On Oct 18th

The peak of low tide, where you see the most rapids is at 4:27PM AT, and the peak of high tide, where the water reverses is at 10:15AM AT.

http://www.tourismsaintjohn.com/files/fuse.cfm?section=54&screen=416

If it is a nice day, and you enjoy walking, there is a nice senic walkway along the harbour called "Harbour Passage" that will take you to reversing falls, probably br a 45 min walk, or if you want to take a taxi, about a 5 min drive, about 5 or 6 $$ each way

Archived