buying tours at arrival

ezmony54

I am leaving in 2 days and have waited too long to book on line. I am now wondering if I will be able to book at the port a excusion that is safe or do I need to stay with booking one with Carnival. Want a beach and snokel tour. Does Island marketing or anybody else book at port.. thanks, ez:cool:

Tons of tours for sale - although some booths will be selling the same tours. just ask lots of questions like what time, how long, what will I see, how do I get there and back...

Some shown here:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/valor_06/post_cruise/tours.htm

Some pics from Costa Maya:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/valor_06/CM/CM_icu.htm

Some more:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/costa_maya_dec_26.htm

Thanks, Will take my chances I guess. Anybody got any suggestions

Will you have your own snorkeling gear? I might suggest something different if you do, but

If not, so far - I've only been there twice...

Disclaimers done, ok,

I found the $15 snorkel deal booked at the port for Tequila Beach hard to beat. The price may be different now, but certainly cheaper than booking online (if not - try a different vendor). The Dec 05 pics reflect that experience.

Prices vary wildly - I think I was charged $2 for a can of Coke at Tequila Beach Last December and only $1 at Cat's Meow a couple of weeks ago. My sister beat me by paying $2.50 for a coke at a restaurant in the tourist village.

zydecocruiser, Awesome pictures! Thanks so much, it really helps me get a sense of the port. WHAT camera did you use? We are shopping for a new one right now and I gotta know. Also, what camera did you use underwater? I think this is a definate snorkel port.

Same camera above and below. Canon s1 is (discontinued) with the waterproof housing.

Canon has since come out with a s2 (discontinued) and a s3, but no waterproof housings for them!?!??! Wassup Canon ?

The 15$ trip for Tequila Beach, do you book that at the tourist part of the village where you get off ship?Is Tequila Beach where they take you? Another person said you could get a tour at Cats Meow (in the village) where you get off bus for 20$ but she could see the shore. Last time we snorkled off shore near Pez Quadro (end Of village) by swimming out to the reef, it was pretty good. But we would like to go off boat this time.

The 15$ trip for Tequila Beach, do you book that at the tourist part of the village where you get off ship?Is Tequila Beach where they take you? Another person said you could get a tour at Cats Meow (in the village) where you get off bus for 20$ but she could see the shore. Last time we snorkled off shore near Pez Quadro (end Of village) by swimming out to the reef, it was pretty good. But we would like to go off boat this time.

The $15 tour I booked at the Tourist Village. Still neeed to pay the $5 rt bus/taxi to Tequila Beach. The pontoon boat took off from the pier at Tequila Beach and went a little ways to a local reef that you could reach from shore, if you dodged the boat traffic.

Yes, you can catch a tour from Cat's Meow for $20 and among other things, their boat carries insurance. I found the owners there to be quite nice. When times are slow, they need to wait for a minimum of 6 people or to charge a little more for the trip to go. During high season, I think the trips are run on a schedule.

Around the massage platform in the sky, you can also pick up snorkel trips with locals for $15.

Zydecocruiser, thanks for the quick response about the camera. It still helped in learning what features to consider. I know this is not the camera thread but I wanted to say THANKS. Now I know I want to snorkel there.

Your welcome. Re: thread content - Being politically correct is not one of my strong points. I don't often read the camera thread, so ask away.

If I was looking for a new camera (could happen anytime), I would consider the "new" Canon A710 IS.

A waterproof housing is supposed to be available at some point. I would wait for the housing to be readily available and the camera price to drop a bit before buying - but meanwhile some additional research could be done.

Think my first choice would be a s4 or s5 or whatever as long as the waterproof case were available. Can you here me now, Canon? {but I do like their cameras}.

Archived