Transportation from airport to Toronto hotel

I thought that I had seen this information but can't seem to find it again. Does anyone know what the best mode of transportation is form the airport in Toronto to the Westin Harbour Castle or what the cost would be to take a taxi? We are flying in for the tour before the cruise and need to get to the hotel on our own. Thanks for any information that you might have.

I thought that I had seen this information but can't seem to find it again. Does anyone know what the best mode of transportation is form the airport in Toronto to the Westin Harbour Castle or what the cost would be to take a taxi? We are flying in for the tour before the cruise and need to get to the hotel on our own. Thanks for any information that you might have.

Most hotels have their shuttle that will pick you up at the airport, you should check with your hotel. It will likely be a couple of dollars each way.

Most hotel shuttles are only for the airport area hotels. There is a good coach service to downtown that runs frequently from each terminal. It

goes directly to the Harbour Castle. Info at:

http://www.torontoairportexpress.com/downtown-schedFromYYZ-1.html

Thank you very much. I'll print out this information and have it with me. I like the fact that they even tell you where they will be in each terminal.

Thanks, it's always good to know when cabs have a set price. Here they tend to take you the very long way if you don't know where you're going. Do you know if you can charge a cab fare? That would help if I don't have the right amount of Canadian dollars. Thanks.

We use A-1 Airline Services @ 1-800-884-5860, also http://www.a1airlinetaxi.com - all major credit cards accepted. No axe to grind, just a satisfied customer.

Can't say for Harbour Castle but to another downtown address we find they are cheaper than cabs. Flat rate, no meter. The previous trip to the airport in a city cab was $56 on the meter but their flat rate was $48, if I remember rightly. You can call them in advance and reserve, then when you arrive at the airport call them again and they will give you the pickup point. They probably have enough cabs that you could call on arrival and get picked up. Good luck in navigating through that wretched new terminal. I always seem to be on the wrong level and have to lug all the baggage to another.

Toronto has this oddball system of airport cabs. Only airport cabs can pick up at the airport. So if you are downtown and hail a city cab, he can take you to the airport and drop off but cannot pick anybody up. I have to assume that airport cabs and city cabs spend half their lives deadheading. Who is paying for this nonsense? Another reason I don't like using airport cabs.

Not thinking here, sorry - transborder flights come in to old Terminal 2 (if you are on Air Canada). Since half the terminal is no longer in use, you will have a short trip from baggage carousel to roadside. Other airlines, Terminal 3. I could be wrong but I don't think there are any transborder flights at new T1.

Archived