Dining Dilemma

Cindi314

We are trying to arrange to be seated at the same table for dinner with another couple. Here is the dilemma. They booked through a group at work. We booked later through our own TA. Our TA has tried doing this but was told our friend's TA had to do it because it was a group booking. Their TA says she cannot do it - that she can only book dining seats for those in her group. I'm finding this hard to believe. We've linked dining before when booking through separate TAs. Do you think if I contact RCI directly they could help or do we have to wait until we board?

We have linked our reservations with others many times and never use the same TA! My sister-in-law's TA always tells her that it probably can't be done...my TA always does it with no questions. You need everyone's booking number...the cruiseline number, not the travel agency. Call your TA again, and if they still say no, contact RCCL directly. I don't understand why this should be an issue for the TAs.

Only one reservation has to have the information. If your TA can't/won't do it, ask the other couple to have their TA add your reservation number the their booking. All groups reservations have a group ID number AND an individual ID number. You need yoru individual ID number to be linked to the other couples reservations. Hope that helps!

We have done all that. Our TA says the other TA has to do it because we are individuals and they are a group so the group TA must do it. Their TA says she can't because she can only reserve seating for her group. I know this doesn't make sense because we have done it before. It just sounds like the TA doesn't want to be bothered. Do you think I'll have a chance if I talk to RCI directly?

Just get the two reservation numbers and try calling RCL directly, if that doesn't work, go to your TA and sit there while she calls RCL, don't take no for an answer, your TA is getting paid very well to handle these arrangements. She/he can at least make a telephone call for you while you stand on the desk if necessary! LOL.

Normally you would be able to cross ref dining requests between two agencies, however groups work differently with each cruiseline. I have done groups with RCCL and they have not let me xref an individual res with a group res. I imagine if the cruiseline would let the agents do it , they would have done it. Why wouldn't they? They are just making clients angry by not doing it. If it cannot be done prior to embarkation, go to the maitre de when you board and they ususally will do anything to accomodate you.

I had the same problem once. I met a couple on line. They were in a group and I was a single TA. same situ. When we boarded, all of us went to Matri'd and got a table together with no problems. But the first night I was at another table. I told that table that I was moving because of a mixup.

Archived