Just back from the Explorer- 5 day Bermuda

Sue L

Hi All,

We just got back, I will write a full reveiw later, just wanted to post a few notes.

Beds were not replaced on floor 8, most of 9 and insides only on 10, though friends on floors 2 and 3 had the new beds.

Saw a lot of beds being loaded onto the ship this am.

No problems in the parking lot with the overspray.

Sue

You must have read my mind, bedding was going to be my question. We are sailing on Oct 6-to Easter Caribbean on her. We will be on the 7th deck...any ideas if it has new bedding? Thanks

Wasn't Bermuda beautiful? We were there in July on the Empress out of Philly? Loved the island and would go back. Was there much damage after the hurricane..Florence?

we were on deck 8 and they replaced the frames only during the cruise and this morning we saw bins of old bedding being tossed in a huge garbage container.

Bermuda was gorgeous and the weather was perfect. The island sustained very little damage from Florence. Helene was out at sea and the Empress since she is a much smaller ship was tossed around quiet a bit and we heard from passengers at the beach that everyone (we were told 75%) were seasick. We experienced 18 ft seas yesterday and felt very little.

Sue

Can't wait to hear your review. Also, can you let me know when you got to the pier on sunday? Thanks, Ronda

We got to the pier at 10:00 and very little traffic, most in our cruise critic group got there around 10:30 and waited in the traffic almost an hour. When we got there at 10, we first took our bags to the porter and then parked. We were in the terminal and checked in by 10:20 and we were on the 2 shuttle and were on the ship at 11:55am

Sue

Welcome back, Sue. Can't wait to hear all about your trip.

18 foot seas? :eek: Glad to hear you didn't feel much movement.

Hoping the bedding is done on deck 9 by the time we cruise.

Also, question about timing. Do you know if people arriving around noon hit alot of traffic? We were planning on arriving between 12 and 12:30. Thanks.

Archived