Help - Construction at Marriott?

WeLuvCruising

Has anyone stayed at the Marriott Stellaris in the last month? Has anyone been able to checked it out? The original Marriott website indicated that the construction would be finished by December 20th, which has now been extended to March 31, 2007. Are any rooms open in the tower?

DH and I are booked for early December for 4 days prior to our cruise and am wondering if I should re-book somewhere if I can't get into the Tower, everything I'm reading about the cabana rooms is nothing short of disgusting.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks!

Hi, I've sent a message to the hotel, asking for them to confirm that we will be in the tower, in a renovated room. As soon as I hear back from them I'll post a reply, my understanding is that some floors of the tower are open (the hotel is taking out floors at a time for the reno's).

I also hear that the cabana rooms are damp, musty and moldy.

Cheers,

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All:

This is what I just received back from the Marriott, some tower rooms are open and available, however, they will not guarantee that you will be assigned a tower room.

They also noted that there are postings regarding the cabana rooms and I quote "housekeeping and engineering are on top of the situation to ensure that the cabana rooms are of standard associated with Marriott".

Cheers to everyone,

Happy Sailing!

Hi Weluvcruising - :confused: I still concerned about the Marriot especially since we booked it through priceline. Some threads said if you booked through priceline, they give you the bottom of the barrel rooms because they know you got them cheaper!!! Also, we requested 4 people in each of the 3 rooms and they said it wasn't a prolem, but I think for some reason, after reading these threads that they are going to charge us more when we get there!!! I know we are only there for 2 nights pre-cruise, but I want to start our vacation off with a GREAT start. Anyway - have a great vacation. We will post our review of the hotel once we return in January. If you want to send me your e-mail, I will also e-mail you upon our return to let you know all about the hotel. My e-mail is mickia@adelphia.net

Have a great trip,

Micki :D

Archived