Sedans and Limos in Ft Lauderdale???

SeaFlint

We have to get from Fort Lauderdale to Miami airport at the end of our crossing in January - can anyone tell me how far this is and whether we should book a car in advance or if there are likely to be plenty of taxis available at the port?

And if anyone has an approximate idea of likely cost that would be wonderful!

Thanks!

This is a good 30-40 minute ride and I DEFINITELY WOULD NOT do a taxi! Look into floridalimo.com. We have used them before and they have several options including a private sedan, a limo or a shared ride mini-bus. I have always had good experiences with them. As I recall our last cruise in 2005 I was charged $80 including tip from Miami to FLL airport and had reserved a Lincoln town car. The driver called me on my cell once the ship had docked, and told me where to look for him. He was waiting for us and whisked us off to the airport, while others stood waiting for a taxi.

We have to get from Fort Lauderdale to Miami airport at the end of our crossing in January - can anyone tell me how far this is and whether we should book a car in advance or if there are likely to be plenty of taxis available at the port?

And if anyone has an approximate idea of likely cost that would be wonderful!

Thanks!

OR get your transfer from Cunard- Yes you can get it cheaper, but let them handle all the hassles, your luggage, and making sure you are off your ship in time to make your plane.

You can buy transfers, even if you did not book air through Cunard. You can even buy them on board, from the tour desk.

Karie,

who has done this

Thanks Bunkie103 and Karie - I will look into both options.

It's a bit scary that the TA (UK) suggested that getting a taxi would be the quickest, easiest and cheapest option! I rather suspected at the time that she didn't know what she was talking about and just wanted to make it sound simple so I would sign up to the crossing!!

Thank goodness for boards like these with helpful, knowledgable pax.

Thanks again.

Can anyone please tell me the name of the port at Fort Lauderdale (at which the QE2 will dock in Jan, in case there's mlore than 1 port!) - I'm having a look at floridalimos website and it requires the name of the port (it won't accept "Fort Lauderdale" which is all my TA knows!).

Thanks.

The port is called "Port Everglades", not Ft Lauderdale.

Not sure about the earlier statement that said that Port Everglades was 30 to 40 mins from the airport. The last time we sailed out of Port Lauderdale, the drive from the airport was something like 10 minutes. You can actually see the cruise ships as you sit on the runway in Ft Lauderdale.

Spinnaker - sorry, I misread your post and didn;t realize you were flying out of MIA.

We did use a limo service last year in Miami to go to the Orange Bowl. Found them on the internet, but they did a fine job. The driver said they do both airports as well as the Port of Miami and Port Everglades. They were called ABC limos (I know, not particularly original). I found their website. It is www.limoway.com

Maybe they will be more helpful.

Archived