Norwegian Dawn Teen Program

Ari939

We will be sailing on November 5 on the Norwegian Dawn. There are two teens going who will be 14 and 16 at the time. I have read the memeber reviews and found little information on the teen program, and what I found teneded to have a negative response. We have sailed on Disney, which we felt had an amazing Teen/Kid program. Does anyone have any experince or information on the Norwegian Dawn Teen Program?

We will be sailing on November 5 on the Norwegian Dawn. There are two teens going who will be 14 and 16 at the time. I have read the memeber reviews and found little information on the teen program, and what I found teneded to have a negative response. We have sailed on Disney, which we felt had an amazing Teen/Kid program. Does anyone have any experince or information on the Norwegian Dawn Teen Program?

No experience but I can tell you if you are doing the NE cruise be prepared for VERY few other children on board. We just got off yesterday and there were only 14 kids total on board and from what I saw at least 10 of those 14 had to be children under the age of 10. It's quite possible your teens may be the only teens there. If you're going south I would imagine you will see more childtren as the itinerary will be less "mature" :)

We have found on our NCL cruises that the success of the kids/teen program is very much dependent on the number of teens sailing. They set up activities and if no one shows up for the activity in the first few minutes the activity is cancelled. What my kids have had success with is signing up and then attending the meet and greet for the group and then a couple of activities in the beginning. Frequently they end up not doing group activities, but rather activities among themselves such as basketball, ping pong, cards, board games, whatever.

We are sailing on the Dawn also with a 14 and 16 year old on March 1st. On the Sun, I insisted they go for teen registration and stay the whole time. I suggested they start a game that they could invite others to join in as they showed up. I will push them to do the same thing as it worked well. There were about 40 teens on our Sun sailing. Only 17 signed up for the teen stuff but they had a great time.

As long as each child hooks up with a friend or two they will have a good time. Don't forget to buy them each a teen passport.

Ari939, We are also going on this cruise, come join our roll call. There are other teens going as well. My twins are 15 a son and daughter. I am still thinking about enrolling them in the teen program. Have you ever been on the Dawn? I am sure you and the children are going to love it! We sure do, this is my third cruise on her.

Ari939

I will on the same cruise with my 14 yo son. We were on the Dawn 11/2004, same cruise. They had a lot of activies planned. They have alot of kids on board that week. He enjoyed himself. As always they have to want to participate.

Ellen

biloxi92

Archived