What time to request transfer from Civitavecchia to Rome?

For our disembarkation we were off the ship by 6 am! The ships usually dock very early because people have flights to catch, etc. We stayed over in Rome that evening also. It is about an hour and a half drive w/ the traffic. We arrived at our hotel by 10 am. I would say that you would be safe to book your pickup for 8 am. That way, if they are a bit late you will still get to Rome fairly early. When we arrived at our hotel, our rooms were ready so it was nice to be able to leave our luggage in our room. We had a 12:00 tour of the Vatican arranged so had time to catch our breath!

From what I remember seeing, it looked like most of the limo drivers were there by 8 am.

We disembarked the Grand Princess in Civitavecchia on September 1. Our private transportation told us they would meet us at 9. We were called off the ship about 8:30. Our driver was waiting for us. It was a Friday, and it took about 50 minutes for our drive into Rome. I think the transportation companies are very familiar with the times passengers disembark. No matter what time you agree upon, if you receive a luggage color tag that won't fit with your plans, you can always request a different time at the purser's desk. Enjoy your cruise and stay in Rome. It is awesome!!!!

I just got off the Golden Princess in Rome, the end of our European Explorer cruise. A few days before disembarkation, you get a note on your door asking what time you'd like to disembark the ship. I believe we arrived in Civitavecchia at 4:00am and were asked if we wanted to disembark at either 730, 830 or 10am. All passengers had to be off the ship by 10am. For those who had early flights, I believe the earliest group got off at 6am.

Whatever you do, if you intend to take a taxi from Civitavecchia to Rome, book a transfer in advance as there are no taxis in port.

Hope this helps.

nanaguz

Archived