Carnival Legend vs Carnival Valor?

ecs0624

This will be my first Carnival cruise and I'm trying to decide between the Carnival Valor (Western Caribbean) and the Legend (Southern Caribbean). It's just my husband and I. We like snorkel excursions and fun nightlife. Any opinions on which would be more enjoyable?

Have been on both and much prefered the Valor. Larger ship, nicer decor, and a great staff. Have you considered the eastern route to St. Thomas and St. Martin? In my opinion they are much nicer ports for a first time cruiser.

Well I am going on the Legend in a few weeks, but I have been on the Valor. I can tell you that is is a beautiful ship, and one of my favorites. If you can wait a few weeks, I will let you know about the Legend, and which I prefer..

Well I am going on the Legend in a few weeks, but I have been on the Valor. I can tell you that is is a beautiful ship, and one of my favorites. If you can wait a few weeks, I will let you know about the Legend, and which I prefer..

I have been on both, and personally prefer the Legend and the southern itin. Both ships are great, but I liked the layout of the Legend better than the Valor. Easier to get around, didn't get lost or run into dead ends. Also like the 8 days as opposed to 7 days.

Otherwise both ships are awesome. Staff is great, food is wonderful, decor is a little "classier" than some of the older Carnival ships. Yes, sushi and karaoke on the Legend.

Happy cruising!

Thanks for your replies! I'm torn...we get a military rate and I can get a oceanview with a small balcony on the Legend for $599. Or the Valor I can get for $329 but it's an inside stateroom. Both of these come with a free excursion. The only other cruise I've been on is RCCL Voyager of the Seas and we loved every minute of it, but I wanted to go to different ports this time. Thanks again-I love getting different points of view!

Last year I took some friends on the Mariner of the Seas(Voyager class) and this year we went with them on the Miracle(same class as Legend). Because their only comparison was the Mariner they felt the Miracle was too small and no where near as impressive. In addition we have had about every room type available and we are in the minority because we really don't care that much for the balcony. On the Miracle we had an extended balcony (it was a free upgrade) and used it maybe 5 or 6 hours on the whole cruise. My recommendation stands - take the Valor.

Archived