Holiday Inn Bayside Miami

jstluvcrzn

Maggie, they charge $10 for parking. Careful though, there's only 44 spaces for 200 guest rooms.

Thanks again Bequia.

I need to show this to DH. For some reason, he really thinks we're going to need a rental car to do anything for our day before cruise.

Which would you choose Holiday Inn Bayside or Port of Miami? One night pre-cruise stay 04/21/2007. Activities within walking distance?

I think the Bayside/downtown Port of Miami are the same. Bayside marketplace is directly across the street. We have stayed here a couple of times before and we found it great for precruise and we are staying there again in March. Make your reservations soon though as we tried to add an addtional night (3months ago) and they were sold out

Our group of 30 stayed there HI Port of Miami last February. It was nice and I would stay there again and I would recommend it. The restaurant was kind of pricey for breakfast, but not bad. It is directly across the street from Bayside, so plenty of restaurants, shops, and some intersting bars with salsa dancing.

I could see out of our room over to Bayside and see the cruise ships docked at the Pier. It's isn't the Ritz, but it was nice enough.

My complaints? It was difficult to find the tiny parking lot, we had to drive around the building a couple times. There isn't enough parking and if you get to the hotel late, there is a huge locked gate and then someone has to go around to the front of the building and ask for someone to go back to the parking lot and let you in...if there is a spot. I don't know what you do if there isn't any spots.

Also, there were clumps of someone else's hair on my "Clean" bath towels and the pop was flat in the restaurant.

Other than that, I recommend this hotel for a pre-cruise stay. Can't beat the convenience.

Thanks Sue. I kept seeing references to "Port of Miami" and "Bayside" and could never figure out if they were one or two hotels. Off to name my own price.

Habby,

I also wanted to mention that if you go to the Holiday-inn.com site and join their priority club (free to join) then you get the buffet breakfast in the am for 5$. The breakfast was very good.

Sue

Habby,

I also wanted to mention that if you go to the Holiday-inn.com site and join their priority club (free to join) then you get the buffet breakfast in the am for 5$. The breakfast was very good.

Sue

How cool is that?! Thanks!

Glad to be of help!!! What ship and itinerary are you going on?

We're doing the Western on the Victory this time. (DB and SILs choice this time). Sure gonna miss the Destiny, Barbados and Aruba but there are just too many ports on the Destiny itinerary now. Haven't been to any of the ports we'll be seeing, but are very excited to be going. Thanks so much for all your help.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!

We're doing the Western on the Victory this time. (DB and SILs choice this time). Sure gonna miss the Destiny, Barbados and Aruba but there are just too many ports on the Destiny itinerary now. Haven't been to any of the ports we'll be seeing, but are very excited to be going. Thanks so much for all your help.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!

I loved the Victory...unfortunately I was one of the people who had MAJOR problems with the Destiny. Loved the ports, hated the ship!

Archived