Wedding onboard the Radiance in Alaska???

Hello All -

Jim and I are tossing around the idea of having our wedding onboard the Radiance of the Seas in Juneau next summer. We are both in our 50's so big weddings - lots of attendants and every human we know attending is not important.

I am voting for the Radiance but Jim is worried his family will not react well. Most will never be able to afford the travel to join us.

Has anyone been married onboard an RCI ship? Any advice? How did your family react?

Jim's first cruise EVER was the exact same cruise in June. We had such a wonderful time we booked a suite for June 22, 2007 sailing while we were still onboard.

Is it really as magical as it sounds?

Thank you in advance!

Cathy and Jim

Cathy & Jim,

My sister was married on the Explorer of the Seas a few years ago and it was wonderful.The wedding was in port at Miami and everyone had to travel.From Green Bay, Texas, Georgia,Virginia and North Carolina. It solved alot of problems.That way one side could not say well why do we have to travel and the others don't.Everyone traveled even the bride and groom. There were a total of 40 at the wedding and 20 went on the cruise.The ceremony was wonderful and the reception was great. The food was awesome and the wedding cake was to die for. Royal Carribean had everything taken care of and all she had to was make a few choices and show up.Everyone had a good time. We would meet up for dinner and talk about our day and the adventures we had.

I hope this helps

Congratulations on your engagement.

-Sharon

My stepdaughter didn't get married on board a ship, but she did do a destination wedding in Cancun. I think she thought most of the 200+ people she invited would jump at the chance for a four day vacation, but as it turned out, only 32 people came - most of them family. Not even all of the girls she asked to be bridesmaids could come. We even had to pay for her mother to get there - she couldn't afford it. Anyway, the cost (about $800 per person including airfare) did turn out to be a big issue.

All that aside, the idea of a wedding on the Radiance sounds magical to me. Maybe you and Jim could do that and just plan a party for your family when you get back. When my mother remarried, she and her DH were married by her minister early in November. They had a big party for the whole family over Thanksgiving when we all had time off and could more easily get to Nashville. We had a blast getting to know each other without having to deal with the stress of a ceremony. Maybe you all could have a big Fourth of July Party/Wedding Reception after your cruise in June??

No matter what, best wishes to you both.

Archived