Suite on Pearl or suite on RCCL Freedom...please help me decide

bajathree

Hi all, need some help:)

We are a family of 4, 2 girls 8 and 12. Our only cruise experience was a suite on Carnival Miracle. We liked it but to be honest are looking for a bit more up-scale experience. The girls being the age they are like to stay active and have things to keep them busy.

I currently have an Owners Suite booked on RCCL Freedom 7 night for a spring 07 cruise. New ship lots for the kids to do. However I saw that for the same price I can book a 9 night Penthouse AB during the same time period on the Pearl. I need help to make a choice.

My questions are:

1-What activities are on the Pearl...do they have minature golf, rock wall, what is the kids club like?

2-What is the Penthouse on the Pearl like? There are no pictures or diagrams of the room that I can find to compare.

3-What is the concierge and butler service like on NCL compared to concierge on RCCL?

4-Dining experience differences? I did download the wine list for both ships. NCL has a very nice wine list. My wife and I are very into wine and I see that as a big plus for NCL as RCCL wine list is terrible. Also can you bring wine on-board the Pearl?

5-Food quality

Thanks with any help you can give me:)

I can only tell you what I've read on these boards. :) The Pearl takes its maiden voyage in early December 2006, so until then, you won't be able to find pictures of the staterooms. However, the Pearl is a sister ship to the Jewel, so I would think you could search for pictures of the AB on the Jewel, and it would be very comparable. I know I've seen pictures of the AB on the Jewel, probably on this board!

1. The Pearl will have a rock climbing wall, and will be the first (I think) cruise ship to have a bowling alley, I don't know if they'll charge for this. I haven't used the kids programs on NCL (as I don't have kids yet!), but I've heard generally good things about it. I actually participated in the Tweens program on the Norway in 1992, and it was one of the best experiences I had in terms of a childhood vacation. But that's been awhile, so I am sure things are different. :D

2. No pictures yet, but look up some photos of the Jewel AB and you'll have your answer.

3. We have had butler service once, in an AD suite on the Star. It was wonderful. We had breakfast in our room, delivered right on time (we only did it once...we plan on doing it frequently when we're on the Pearl next June!). We also had some movies delivered to our room, to watch at night, and some other deliveries. Unfortunately, we didn't use our butler as much as we should have, but he was wonderful when we needed his help, also the concierge was great.

4/5. I've been on 4 NCL cruises, and haven't been on any other lines. I have always really enjoyed the food...The specialty restaurants are great, and I've always loved the main dining room food too. The chilled soups are my favorite! I can't compare to other lines, but I have always loved the food, including buffet, dining, room service, etc. I love having the option of the speciality restaurants, as it allows us to have a unique experience every night!

Hope that helped! We are really excited to be on the Pearl next June! :D

We have been in suites on both RCL and NCL. The suite service on NCL is far superior, in my opinion as is the concierge and butler service. Both the amenities and overall service are better. RCL wine list is awful! I never considered bring wine aboard so do not know about that but am sure the info. is on this board. You can also find info. on this board about Pearl.

Hi,

Suite comparison - the service on NCL with the butler and Concierge is amazing and far superior to RCCL. We've had an AA on NCL and Grand Suite on Mariner of the Seas. The suite amenities are far more comprehensive on NCL over RCCL. If you have a great butler, you will feel like royalty. The concierge called us 2-3 times daily to make sure we were doing well and ask if we needed her to do anything for us.

Kids programs comparison - although RCCL Voyager class ships have all the bells and whistles, rock wall, ice skating, etc- there are lots of kids and lots of waiting and only specific times to do those activities. My son was 14 at the time of sailing NCL and 12 sailing RCCL and loved NCL so much more. The programs are well run and the youth counselors keep them very busy. He didnt need all the "extra stuff" that attracts many to RCCL.

So, that's our experience. Whatever you decide hope it is a wonderful cruise!

Hi all, need some help:)

We are a family of 4, 2 girls 8 and 12. Our only cruise experience was a suite on Carnival Miracle. We liked it but to be honest are looking for a bit more up-scale experience. The girls being the age they are like to stay active and have things to keep them busy.

I currently have an Owners Suite booked on RCCL Freedom 7 night for a spring 07 cruise. New ship lots for the kids to do. However I saw that for the same price I can book a 9 night Penthouse AB during the same time period on the Pearl. I need help to make a choice.

My questions are:

1-What activities are on the Pearl...do they have minature golf, rock wall, what is the kids club like?

2-What is the Penthouse on the Pearl like? There are no pictures or diagrams of the room that I can find to compare.

3-What is the concierge and butler service like on NCL compared to concierge on RCCL?

4-Dining experience differences? I did download the wine list for both ships. NCL has a very nice wine list. My wife and I are very into wine and I see that as a big plus for NCL as RCCL wine list is terrible. Also can you bring wine on-board the Pearl?

5-Food quality

Thanks with any help you can give me:)

Well, I havent been on either, yet, but all the reasearch I have done, let me just offer this.

NCL Pearl will have a bowling alley, rock wall and does have a slide at the pool. One good thing with kids is that it is freestyle dining so you can eat whenever you want and with whoever you want, plus they have several types of restaurants to choose from. I cant wait to sail on the Pearl in March.

The Freedom of the Seas is a big boat, which I think has alot more people on it than the NCL Pearl, which if you are ok with alot of people, than it may not bother you. The Freedom of the Seas also has that new wave rider pool which looks pretty cool, but I bet the wait for those attractions will be long.

If it were me, I would take the longer cruise at the same price! What a great deal! It would also depend on the itineraries. Hope you have a great time no matter which cruise you go on! Happy Sailing!

I would defenitely do the Pearl's AB Penthouse!!! As the others said, Suites get treated like royalty on NCL (even better ameneties then Cunards QM2). The AB has basically 3 rooms and a Balcony, 1 luxury batroom and a regular bathroom with shower!

You have even a mobile on board phone to keep track of your loved once!!!

I tried to copy and paste the layout...but it's not working so I try it different...not working...damn

I would defenitely do the Pearl's AB Penthouse!!! As the others said, Suites get treated like royalty on NCL (even better ameneties then Cunards QM2). The AB has basically 3 rooms and a Balcony, 1 luxury batroom and a regular bathroom with shower!

You have even a mobile on board phone to keep track of your loved once!!!

I tried to copy and paste the layout...but it's not working so I try it different...not working...damn

This one

89975794_ABFloorplan.gif.30cadf2ff84c641216af84c41e1d8143.gif

Archived