Pier repair on time?

MamaParrotHead

The president is re-inagurating the Punta Langosta Cruise Terminal on September 27th as part of World Tourism Day activities in Cozumel. There are also lots of extra activities in the downtown plaza with regional foods and drinks offered for sampling, by the way.

Punta Langosta is the downtown cruise terminal and the second to be back in service. Ths SSA or Stevedore Services of America, International Terminal has been open a few weeks receiving ships though it is long from being finished.

Punta Langost can host two ships at a time presently.

So correct me if I am wrong, starting on the 27th then there will be space for 3 ships to dock at a time. One at the international pier and 2 here.

We are coming in October on the Holiday and there will be 3 other ships in port that day. So our chances of docking are looking a little better.

There are also lots of extra activities in the downtown plaza with regional foods and drinks offered for sampling, by the way.

Is there anywhere that lists all the local festivals? We'll be there 4/30/07 and I was curious as to whether there were any schedule that far out yet.

Thanks for all your help, IslandJim!

Looks like there will be some kind of fair at El Cedral while we're there. We had planned on stopping there on our tour anyway. SO looking forward to it! :D

You will find El Cedral interesting I think, from a historical stand point it is the first community on the island. It is the oldest Mayan structure on the island but not near the size of completeness you see at San Gervasio. There are some gift shops there for shopping. The celebrations are mostly in the evening and night, but there will be some activities for you to enjoy during the celebrations.

Archived