Miami Port Hotels?

hbmc553

I have Never been to Miami so have no clue where to stay, HELP!! :confused: Wondering if anyone knows of Hotels to stay at that will shuttle to the port and/or from the Airport? I would like to stay closer to the port, so I can be by a nice beach & some fun beachside shopping. Walking distance from the hotel would be nice, since I dont plan on renting a car. If anyone knows of some hotels please let me know. THANK YOU!!! :)

When we cruise out of Miami we stay at Holiday Inn, Port of Miami,downtown,340 Biscayne Blvd. I'ts only a quick ride from there to the port. You can actually see the port from the window of some rooms.Nice and clean and quiet. There is also a markrtplace right across the street with great shops and restaruants.I highly recommend. They also have a pool.

We also just stayed at Holiday Inn, Port of Miami at the end of July, it was very nice and Bayside Market (across the street) was great!

We got a really good online deal, a family suite that slept 6 easily & bay window that faced the ships in port.

They do not have transfers from the airport or to the ship but it's only a 5 minute taxi ride across the bridge to the piers, there will be plenty of taxi's & vans out front to give you a ride.

Thanks for everyones advice!! Holiday Inn looked PERFECT.... but of course my luck, its all booked for the night i need it in Jan. :mad:

I like that suite Ideal since there will be 6 of us staying also... I guess i will keep searching if anyone know other hotels right by the holiday inn thats at a good price please let me know, I think we would have allot of fun in that area.

How about the Fortune House 185 Se 14TH Terrace, Miami, FL 33131 has anyone stayed here or seen it? Guess its a apartment type room, so all 6 of us can share a room. looks like is only about 1.5 miles from the holiday inn, is it in a good part of town?

Hi! If you want to stay by the port your best bet is the Hoilday Inn,Radisson or the IC, which you can try to get on priceline for $80/night. Note that there are no beaches in the downtown/port area. All accesible beaches are located on South Beach or Key Biscayne both about a 15 minute drive from the port/downtown area.

My cousin lives at the Fortune house and yes its a condo building. Its in the Financial district which is 5 minutes south of the port area and the same neighborhood where I live. Its a great area and very safe. You may also want to check the JW MArriot which is one block over.

Good Luck!

Well we called the furtone house and they said they only allow 4per room?? didnt understand that since all sites say max 6... we are just not having any luck downtown with hotels. They are either booked or too far from everything..

So since there is a group of 8 going now (ages 25-31) we are thinking of staying in South Beach the night before. Sounds like there is allot of stuff for us to do there. Does anyone know about how much a Taxi is from the Airport and to the port from SOBE?

• 4 weeks later...

We stayed at the Fortune House on Oct 14, we had 12 people, 6 in each room. I was told when I made the reservation that the room had one queen size bed. 2 twin beds & a sofa bed so it could acccomodate 6 people. wrong. one room had the beds they promised but no sofa bed. the other had a queen, a double bed with a twin bed on top & no sofa bed. We ended up getting a roll a way bed for the one room & then one person slept on the couch, the other room wasn't so bad, it just left one person without a bed so one person slept on the couch. The hotel was nice although one of the rooms was a lot better than the other. Having 2 baths and a kitchen was nice. You don't get the services that you would get at hotels as it is a condo building. The girl at the desk had to look for extra blankets & pillows but luckily she finally found some. It was a place to lay our heads for the night & I did get a really good deal & it was clean. We could not see the cruise ships from our balcony though. There were a couple of nice restaurants and a grocery store, (we bought some pop & wine to take on the cruise) there within walking distance, we never found a liquor store though. Everyone you asked looked at you like you were speaking greek. Let me know if you have any other questions.

• 2 weeks later...

has anyone been or seen Hotel Chelsea or Shelley? :confused:

Location looks good and a great price and they both shuttle you for free from the airport. Just want to make sure its in a great location. We want to be walking distance from everything night life, beach, shops, ect. Just dont want to end up in a bad neighborhood.

Bid on Priceline for 4 Star Downtown Miami and got Hyatt Regency, bid was for 70.00 and the total including tax and fees was 87.09. This is for 1 night 11/18/06.

I am trying to get that hotel for similar rate on 12/2. Do you think I need to wait till its closer? I keep striking out, even at $125.

Archived